Question Acer Helios 300 GTX 3060 Stuttering/Choppy Gameplay

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I have an Acer Helios 300 GTX 3060 Laptop that I've had for about a year and a half that is stuttering while in-game, despite having a high FPS. I have barely used this laptop for gaming until the past month or two, and prior to this issue everything ran smooth. I have since reset my PC completely and have replaced the SSD hard drive. Yet I am still encountering the stuttering while playing games like Witcher 3 and the Battlefield franchise: BF3 and BF1. (Note: the stuttering persists even at the lowest graphical settings.)

This stuttering is occurring despite having completely reset the PC, fully updating everything, to include having installed the latest GPU drivers/Hotfix from Nvidia. Furthermore, as of today, I decided to use DDU to remove the latest Nvidia drivers and install an older one from May to see if this would resolve the problem--which it did not.
Prior to resetting the PC, I did, in an attempt to fix the stuttering, roll back the Nvidia drivers to an older driver released back in May of this year. I also changed the Nvidia control panel settings back to it's default settings.

Only to have the stuttering persist. I haven't done anything to this PC to create this stuttering problem, after all it's essentially brand new--having reset it. I have had gaming computers in the past, both a desktop and laptop, yet have never experienced this problem before...
I'm not a PC expert, but my guess is that there's some form of hardware failure, perhaps with the GPU. Also note, that the laptop works fine when surfing the web, etc., however, the problem occurs during game play.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/66309949

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop | Intel i7-11800H | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 GPU | 15.6" FHD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB SSD | Killer WiFi 6 | RGB Keyboard

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "At Wits End".
Moved from Game Troubleshooting.]

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts