Visit site
PC Specs
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi X570
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
GPU: EVGA 2080 Super XC Gaming
RAM: Corsair 16gb 3600
Storage: Aorus NVME 1tb
Viewsonic: XG2560 1080p 240hz

My computer has recently started to give me significant stuttering issues in every game that I play as well as just general browsing. I recently had done some minor overclocking via ryzen master and Precision x1 and it seemed to start after that. I can't see this being the issue as I've done each of these before. The only difference was I tried the "auto OC" in ryzen master opposed to "precision boost". This issue also seems to be exasperated when the TV is on - I have 1 gig internet 960 download, 35 upload so this shouldn't be an issue either.

I have looked all over the internet and forums and can't seem to find a solution.

So far I've tried the following:
Complete reset of windows
Reinstalling drivers for both GPU and CPU
Going back to older GPU driver
Low and High settings
Disabling XMP profile (stuttering seems worse when enabled)
Reinstalling games
NVCP setting changes
Enabling/disabling Gsync / Vsync

I haven't activated windows yet but the watermark seems to have disappeared. Not sure if this would be a performance issue. I was looking to update the bios as the version says its from December 2019 but I can't find the download on Gigabytes website. Says its under construction...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: cidraowilson

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
There is a lot going on there that could cause this issue. I do think you are on the right track with drivers however, here is the page you are looking for LINK. Windows 10 not being registered really only causes some cosmetic annoyances, but it does prevent you from some support abilities from windows. You internet connections shouldn't cause stuttering, but it certaintly could cause lag. Lag generally shows itself in issues like rubber banding, or disconnecting from games. Stuttering is generally a local issue. As far as overclocking goes, if that is where it started, I suggest un-doing it. Then try again from scratch.

Last edited:
I'd try clearing the CMOS.

If that gives no luck, I'd try a clean reinstall of Windows. An actual clean reinstall, not Windows' own reset feature
Back up anything you don'r want to lose beforehand ofc.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
So far it seems to have cleared up on its own. Can’t contribute it to anything specific honestly. I did notice it was much worse when the tv is streaming. Doesn’t feel like any internet lag and shouldn’t be with the internet I have but it definitely is worse when it’s going. I ended up updating the bios and will try clearing cmos if it happens again.

TRENDING THREADS