Steam Summer Sale

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
You should have close to 200, unless you only joined this year.

Only if you actually get all free games. There have been plenty I knew I would never play, so I didn't let them clutter up my library.

I just don't like how Epic is doing it. Instead of giving us a better store, they are giving us much, much less. Then they tell people to just go somewhere else to find guides, forums, screenshots, and whatnot - which leads to a bunch of Epic customers using Steam without buying anything. It's like a restaurant that gives you dinner, then tells you to go to the patio tables at the restaurant next door to eat it. The only reason I see to use the store at all is because they pay off companies so people are forced to go there. Then they try to make up for the bad will by throwing out free games for customers. How about spending that money to make a better store!?

As someone with minor experience in building online stores and consumer-facing websites, I can assure you that money isn't the problem. It's expertise & co-ordination & design & management &&&…

Yeah, it's just going to take time. Steam wasn't all that great when it just launched either and it still has a bunch of problems. Throwing extra money at it isn't going to matter all that much, development simply takes time.

Personally, I don't use Steam for guides, forums or any of the other community stuff anyway, so I don't care that Epic doesn't have that yet. There's plenty of other places to get that stuff. I think the most useful feature Steam has that Epic is missing is the Workshop. Being able to add mods with the press of a button is great.

Endless Space 2
Geez, 11 paid DLCs, yuck—I sure hope they don't drag out Humankind like that or I won't get to play it this decade! I'm not a space fan, but loved their Endless Legend.
Far Cry 5
If you generally like the FC series, then fyi New Dawn is a fine DLC—even if the 'villains' are FC's worst to date.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Geez, 11 paid DLCs, yuck—I sure hope they don't drag out Humankind like that or I won't get to play it this decade! I'm not a space fan, but loved their Endless Legend.

If you generally like the FC series, then fyi New Dawn is a fine DLC—even if the 'villains' are FC's worst to date.

Yea, its nice these type of games get supported but unless I'm there from the beginning its too expensive to keep up for the most part. Its only a tenner, I might get a lot of hours out of the base game for that, and if I love it I might pick up some DLC's anyway.

Far Cry 3 was good. When 4 came out it just looked like the same game with elephants, and I didn't want more of that. I generally find UBI open worlds too repetitive and and get bored, but sometimes I feel like dropping into an FPS and shooting some stuff up without thinking. Worth a shot at that price :)

Technically not the steam sale, but the fanatical sale. They were selling the yakuza remastered collection for just under £17 Got a voucher for a further 5% discount so it was more like 15 (just over standard rrp for one of them). Seemed like a no brainer; 3 for the price of one. Snapped it up and got a spare game called nobodies.

As for what to get on steam? meh besides sekiro nothing stands out.

Not sure about New dawn tbh. it seems like Far cry 5 but with a layer of pink spray paint over it. So I'm not intrigued enough to get it.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I really like Endless Space 2. In fact, it's my favorite semi-recent 4X that's out right now.

You can ignore all the DLC for Endless Space 2. If you play through the game once and want more, get the Celestial Worlds and maybe the Untold Tales DLC. If you play through a few times, start thinking about getting some of the bigger DLCs with additional races.

New dawn … seems like Far cry 5 but with a layer of pink spray paint over it
Yeah, Mickey & Lou do like their pink, for sure :D
You can change that with one of a number of mods—2 I have noted but not tried are:
and
Winter Hope County 2035

It has a base building ongoing job, and also levelling—you, bad guys & wildlife can be levels 1 to 3. You do NOT want to take on a level 3 anything if you're level1!

You can also choose to retake each outpost—it'll be better defended, but you'll get more resources for recapturing. There are also 'Expeditions', 7 missions which take place outside the game map—you can also reply those at harder difficulties.

Saw Launcher is the main new weapon, it can take down multiple targets with one blade, and bounce off surfaces. The Compound or Blood Dragon bow is great if you like bow play, equip it with explosive & fire arrows and it can do most of the work.

@Kaamos_Llama check out the Resistance mod…
…if the capture sequence in FC5 annoy you.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
So far, i really only acquired Turnip Boy as a gift and it's cute as all heck and an enjoyable experience in short bursts.

I also got Ultima 1 + 2 and the Syndicate games that recently got delisted on GOG. Will have to get around finding a way to move that to my Windows 95 .img cuz I wanna have more folders with icons for when I start playing Inner Space

As for the actual Steam SUMMER SALE, i currently have Streets of Rage 4 sitting in my cart but haven't committed to purchasing anything as of yet, cuz I know that if i did rush to buy stuff, i'll see a game that the Steam Store will recommend me in such a way that i'll regret committing to an earlier purchase.

As for the actual Steam SUMMER SALE, i currently have Streets of Rage 4 sitting in my cart but haven't committed to purchasing anything as of yet, cuz I know that if i did rush to buy stuff, i'll see a game that the Steam Store will recommend me in such a way that i'll regret committing to an earlier purchase.

i would wait a bit. if you need your streets of rage fix, you could get the Streets of Rage Remake on the interwebs if you haven't got it yet.

I bought 10 games this year on the Steam Summer Sale, although only one of those would be considered a new game, the rest were either to replace games that I had only as boxed cd/dvd versions, or on other storefronts (namely Origin) that I really wanted to play on Steam. So my list is:

1-ME Legendary Edition (17% off and only out for a few weeks, was going to get it anyway)

2-Withcer 3 GOY (had collectors edition on dvd for GOG, but wanted to complete my collection on Steam)

3 & 4-Dragon Age Inquisition GOY & ME Andromeda (bought as a package deal for $11, such a deal. Had
collectors edition of DAI on dvd and ME Andromeda both on Origin)

5 & 6-Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Ed & DA2 + DLC Bundle (been wanting to get all my Origin games over on
Steam and finally did it)

7 & 8-Two Worlds Epic & Two Worlds 2 w/Pirates DLC (had these as boxed dvds, but they are much easier to
install from digital than the dvds)

9-Gothic 2 (already had Gothic 3 on dvd & Steam, but wanted Gothic 2 as well, and with community patches is
very playable today. Waiting for the Gothic 1 remake)

10-Risen (replacing my boxed dvd version to complete my Risen 1-3 collection on Steam)

My wife bought Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Relics of War yesterday because a friend of ours thought it sounded cool and wanted to try it out together. Has anyone here played it?

I played it briefly but found it wasn't my cup of tea. it felt rather lifeless tbh. I think the problem is that the base game is so bare bones for a 4x game. That said Fanatical is doing a bundle sale for the game so you could snap it up dirt cheap. Side note: cheaper then on steam sale if i'm correct:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
During this sale I got:

Dragon Age™ Inquisition
Fate Hunters
Wizard of Legend
DARQ: Complete Edition
Radio Commander
Hard West
Salt

Played Salt already and damn if it wasn't janky and weirdly designed - not in the good way like Zeno Clash or anything like that. It felt like something made by amateurs learning how to make a game - and in some cases I even know how to make stuff like weapon not clipping through everything and they didn't figure it out apparently. I tried to give it a chance, but after few islands I gave up.

Now going through Hard West which seems fine. The Death voice actor is doing great job and he is carrying the whole story on his back.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS