Steam Play Time - not always Recorded?

Hello

It's been 5-10 years since I've gamed much and there are some games where I can't even remember if I've tried them yet or if I'm just remembering videos I saw of them?

I've been trying to look for the Time Played info for each game in Steam - but I'm wondering if some of these didn't have the ability to record them for some reason?
I know some games weren't able to upload save games to steam - I wonder if those ones don't record Time Played either?

And I assume clearly any games I added to the Steam List that aren't actual steam games aren't going to work either.

Thank you for your help

Hello

It's been 5-10 years since I've gamed much and there are some games where I can't even remember if I've tried them yet or if I'm just remembering videos I saw of them?

I've been trying to look for the Time Played info for each game in Steam - but I'm wondering if some of these didn't have the ability to record them for some reason?
I know some games weren't able to upload save games to steam - I wonder if those ones don't record Time Played either?

And I assume clearly any games I added to the Steam List that aren't actual steam games aren't going to work either.

Thank you for your help

IDK. I've never had Steam not track my time, and I have over 1000 games. They started tracking in 2009, and if you've played a game since then it should have your time played.

click on a game you own and last played and total time played is to the right of the green PLAY button.
I dont think the time played is very accurate because due to covid restrictions i have absolutely hammered some games and i know if have used some longer than it says.

TRENDING THREADS