Question Soldier of Fortune 2 Double Helix

Sep 7, 2022
Visit site
[Mod edit: 2 threads on same topic merged.]

I bought Soldier of Fortune 2 Double Helix Gold edition ( Its v1.03 ) from the GOG store to play multiplayer again but, no servers show up in the list. How do I fix this ? Do I need the v1.04 patch ? Where do I extract it to ? Also how do I get the game to run at 1080p resolution ? I remember a few months ago PC GAMER did some news about multiplayer making a return but, I cant find it anywhere ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 7, 2022
Visit site
I bought the game from the GOG store in the hopes of playing some multiplayer but, no servers show up even when I click refresh. How do I fix this ? Do I need the v1.1 patch ? Also how do I get the game to run in 1080p resolution ?

It's a pretty old game if you're talking about the original. It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't any servers up anymore. And I'm sure it didn't support 1080p back then. Your best bet would be to Google and see if there are any fan-made patches or workarounds to force it to run in 1080p.

I would check the support page on gog.com and then type the game in there.

Heres a link to a similar question to yours. If its not the answer you need, id suggest posting in that forum or looking at the Soldier of Fortune support gog page, also listed below.

Welcome to the forum :)

multiplayer
The GOG page says:
"Please Note: Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix only supports multiplayer connectivity over LAN or direct connection."

Also says:
"full refunds up to 30 days."

I just checked your thread in GOG forum, no replies yet :(
Same with your Steam Question.

how do I get the game to run at 1080p resolution ?
Your ModDB post did get a reply, did that work?

PC GAMER did some news about multiplayer making a return but, I cant find it anywhere
I can't find anything here about that.

Cross Posting

We do allow that here, but it's bad form not to tell us and the other places where else you've posted, so we can check and see what other suggestions you've received—avoids our and others' volunteers wasting their time. Other places will ban you for doing this.

Reactions: Alm