RX 7900 XTX/XT Announcement day thread

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
No idea tbh. Wizard alway post that chart but I usually focus on FPS and if X card will fit into X posters budget. With that said TPU / Tech Power Up is a warzone as far as their board goes. I love that board.
I barely have time for one place these days, have an old account there I think, but never posted. I was quite active on OCN for a few years but that was a while ago now, its relatively dead over there these days since it was sold.

I do follow some review threads occasionally with the popcorn out on TPU. Always liked the reviews over there.

I barely have time for one place these days, have an old account there I think, but never posted. I was quite active on OCN for a few years but that was a while ago now, its relatively dead over there these days since it was sold.

I do follow some review threads occasionally with the popcorn out on TPU. Always liked the reviews over there.
TPU is a trip. That and the europeans on that board speak better english than a lot of americans so you never know who your battling it out with.

They keep a ton of info in their database, easy to make that kind of mistake. I dont think anyone other English speaking sites did comparison charts including that many cards before them, at least not that I know of. Not many still do either.

Relative performance just seems easier to read for me, but they post a lot of charts so whatever you fancy I guess.

Reactions: Brian Boru
The worst part about buying a new AMD GPU is not knowing what half the features are.

Try to work out how to turn FSR on... to find its on already, its something you do in games, and RSR is only for games that don't support FSR. Still not sure how much benefit I will get out of it, its possible I don't need it for 1440p. GPU avg FPS in 1440p is 176 so already past what I need. Not sure I understand what it does.
Anti lag isn't for games I play, I turned on Radeon chill as why not run gpu cooler when I am idling in game... others I am not so sure about still. Set max FPS to monitor max anyway.

All the videos about the software are just about how to OC the cards. And the advice about all the previous generations doesn't work on 7900 series.
I might look at that one day, I haven't even set up a custom profile, just running in defaults. I haven't played any games yet... so there is that.

The worst part about buying a new AMD GPU is not knowing what half the features are.

Try to work out how to turn FSR on... to find its on already, its something you do in games, and RSR is only for games that don't support FSR. Still not sure how much benefit I will get out of it, its possible I don't need it for 1440p. GPU avg FPS in 1440p is 176 so already past what I need. Not sure I understand what it does.
Anti lag isn't for games I play, I turned on Radeon chill as why not run gpu cooler when I am idling in game... others I am not so sure about still. Set max FPS to monitor max anyway.

All the videos about the software are just about how to OC the cards. And the advice about all the previous generations doesn't work on 7900 series.
I might look at that one day, I haven't even set up a custom profile, just running in defaults. I haven't played any games yet... so there is that.

FSR is just reversed super sampling AA, its equivalent to DLSS from Nvidia.

If your res is 1440p it will render it lower than that to save work then apply sort of filters to it to make it in theory look just the same at higher FPS. I use it quite a lot, seems pretty good to me but then again my card is 3 years old and needs all the help it can get these days.

You probably dont need it for a good few years with that card, and yep its an in game graphic setting anyway.

I turned off Radeon Chill and all the other nonsense in Adrenaline, one of them caused instability for me, dont remember which it was. Cant say I've noticed anything different from on or off other than the driver crashes not happening as often.

FSR would be more useful to me if I was using a high refresh rate 4k monitor.
It might help on my old 4k screen, but its max is 60 and from what I can see card can run that. I doubt I need it on a 1440p monitor and it makes things look bad on 1080p

I have chill on, it might be handy when i am not moving around. I think boost can cause problems

i wish they explain features instead of having to go to websites and look
This seems to help freesync - https://gpuinsiders.com/amd-enhanced-sync/ - but can make multi media look bad so i will set it on a per game basis.

i haven't seen any tearing but then only game I have played maxed out at 81fps. For some reason it had my screen size set to 8k lol.

I joined TPU to point out one mistake in the stats about my card last year - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/powercolor-red-devil-rx-7900-xt.b9946

I wonder if I should point out another
they originally showed it as 2 slots, but the Powercolor stock photo shows 3.
So they corrected their article to match photos but...
Images of PCB show it should be 2.
Actual card shows its 2
lsO3mjv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS