Retro Games

Hmm... i can pretty much get ahold of many retro games if i want to play them, but a tough one for me to find on the PC is Robert E. Lee's Civil War Generals by Sierra. It was my first "grand strategy" game and it was a blast. I was super into the civil war when i was a kid for some unknown reason, so playing this game was great to me. I cant seem to get it to work on my system and any chance to get it to work on here requires buying the game again or some kind of key to use it.

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I still play a lot of old games but there are also games i would like to play again but don't really have access to.

Examples are Mega Man 4 on Game Boy, i really loved that game. Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the Master System. I still have the game and a Master System but i have no tv i can play it on. You need an old tv for that. I think the Master System version of Ghouls 'n Ghosts is the best version because you can upgrade your character.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I got a bunch of the games I miss the most on GOG and didn't enjoy them so much anymore!

Maybe No One Lives Forever 1 and 2?
Yeah, that's what sucks. Games that you have such great nostalgia for, but then when you try them now, you just can't get into them again. We get spoiled by modern games without even realizing it. There are so many games that I absolutely adored back in the day that I'd have a really rough time playing now. I used to be big into nostalgia, but I'm kind of in a season of my life where I'm more interested in new experiences.

when you try them now, you just can't get into them again. We get spoiled by modern games
Tru dat. 2 recent experiences:

I fired up C&C Generals for a revisit with one of my all-time favs. Quit in less than an hour—just too much QoL aspects missing, I just didn't want to deal with it.

Far Cry 3 I've played thru 5-6 times back in the day. Started a game 2-3 months ago, intent on running thru my fav FC games and DLCs. Great game of course, but the UI is so abysmal and again other QoL issues—after ~5 hours, held a private service and retired it from my Replay list.

Of course, I wouldn't want to drive any of my 70s-80s cars either, or relive the joys of dial-up :)

Of course, I wouldn't want to drive any of my 70s-80s cars either, or relive the joys of dial-up :)
I wouldn't want it to be my main vehicle, but I wouldn't mind driving my 1978 Mustang II with T-Tops again. I'd love to remind myself how that feels. It was lightweight, but still had a V8 engine, so it could really get up and go. That was my first vehicle. I bought it after I graduated high school in 1990 for like $1000.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
When I was little my friend introduced me to Contra Hard Cops. It was the best game on that console. We lost many evenings behind her. It was already considered an old game then, given that he and I already had computers based on Windows Vista.

TRENDING THREADS