Retro Games videos

I watch a couple. The first is the following. A mix of arcade and console games:

i use to watch this one a lot, probably the motherload. but its doing more later stuff.

Another one i watch more netplay stuff. Some good retro arcade stuff.

Reactions: Brian Boru
How to make money letting people relive their childhoods. 10k USD for a arcade machine that is mostly just a frame for the display and its just a PC in there, its not an actual arcade machine on custom hardware

70000 games. No way they all good. So many would be the same.
Have to return hdd to upgrade PC... Um, what decade is this again? Clearly aimed at people who don't know prices of hardware. Or fact you can update over internet now without sending drives back.

I get remembering games from childhood, I don't understand people wanting to play them still.

shame we never had a time with fun games and amazing graphics. The swap to just making everything look pretty sure over shadowed actual fun.

Last edited:

CParsons

Staff member
Have to return hdd to upgrade PC... Um, what decade is this again?

Uh, yeahhh. There's literally nothing on that HDD that I can't do myself with LaunchBox / Big Box / RetroBat or Batocera. Anyone really into this stuff already has the assets sitting on a HDD somewhere with no need to scrape the content/re-set up. Just a matter of dragging and dropping. I guess if you want to do zero work... it's an option at least.

I get remembering games from childhood, I don't understand people wanting to play them still.

For me, it's mostly 'I couldn't afford all of this as a kid' and now it's easily accessible and a lot of them old games are just downright fun to play.

I guess I have a friend like that. I was showing him the video to
and he says, Oh I have that on Switch and a stack of other retro consoles and will plug them all in next time you are here.... and I was too busy running away to answer.

I played them all back then, I don't feel need to play them now when there should be better choices... should. Not my fault all new games all glitter and no substance.

How to make money letting people relive their childhoods. 10k USD for a arcade machine that is mostly just a frame for the display and its just a PC in there, its not an actual arcade machine on custom hardware

70000 games. No way they all good. So many would be the same.
Have to return hdd to upgrade PC... Um, what decade is this again? Clearly aimed at people who don't know prices of hardware. Or fact you can update over internet now without sending drives back.
I built my own for under $2000, and I have complete control over what I put on it. It doesn't get played much. It's mainly just a cool accent piece for my home office.

Nostalgia mainly. Didn't have a 8, 16 or 32 bit console and/or i was too young to appreciate certain games and/or was curious about the games i saw but never played.

The other reason is that the games are pretty lightweight so i can play them on the go and just to stay current/relevant in game discussions. i can reminisce with other people and/or regale them with my knowledge of old games.

Guess i lived through them, I didn't feel need to go back. Its hard to be nostalgic about games I can watch people play at any time on Youtube. They haven't really gone away. Some of the games I played as a kid have gone now.

Arcade machine still feels like a rip off. Its exploiting 2 things,
  1. peoples wants to play old games,
  2. and the general lack of knowledge most people have about computer hardware.
They don't know enough to not get ripped off. True, you don't need a 4090 to play those games but at same time it shouldn't cost 10k - something way over priced in that box

looking at features... hmm, none of them are actually hardware, just controllers and rgb strips and other "extras"
6000 for base model of the megacade - https://extremehomearcades.com/pricing.aspx
MSI H81 motherboard
1tb hdd (lol)... its a spinner?
I think he said in video its an I5.
think gpu only a gtx 1660
guess there is the display as well

they making a nice profit.

TRENDING THREADS