Recommend some good scary PC games

Dec 18, 2021
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I'm not a gamer, just a loving father. I got my son his first gaming PC for Christmas and want to get him a game or two for Christmas. He used to play just kids games but now wants to try more adult games, he mentioned Resident Evil (he likes scary games best).

Please help a dad who knows nothing about PC gaming, He also has an Oculus Quest 2 with the Link if that helps. I got him the best PC I could afford, I know it's not the best, it has a GTX 2060 . Specs Thank you

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC
Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
8GB DDR4
GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
500GB NVMe SSD
WiFi Ready
Win 11 Home

[Mod edit: cleaned up formatting.]
[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "Some good PC games now that my son is old enough".]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a scary guy—shut up y'all—so I'll leave title recommendations to our many monstrous members. Just some general info:

Make an account at Epic Games Store—that's the USA link, if that's where you are—and grab their freebies. Currently they're giving away a random game every day, and they give one away weekly throughout the year. Handy way to build up a bit of a library without spending.

Also make accounts at Steam and GOG, and go thru and grab their freebies. They occasionally give away freebies too, apart from those. There are other outlets too, but those are the top 3 I use. The website here keeps tracks of the main Steam sales—I don't know if they do others too—on this page:

We try to keep track of the main freebies in this thread…
…so keep an eye on that too.

Zloth

Community Contributor
That system won't have any problem playing games. Scary games are even less likely to stress it.

I think Half Life: Alyx would work, and that would use the VR headset and your video card should be able to handle it. I wouldn't call it horror, but it's got plenty of monsters.

Alien Isolation is pretty good for fear. It's not a VR game, though experienced users can modify it to make it work with VR.

shut up y'all...
Not saying a word. Typing words, maybe, but not saying them! ;)

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS