Random Game Thoughts Thread—October 23-29

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh man, I was gutted when the first Doom Hunter went down and then they immediately threw 2 at you! Maybe that didnt happen on easy.
Yep, it still did that! The game led me through that whole level, showing the building of the Doom Hunter, going on and on about how deadly it was going to be. Then I fought it and beat it! Hey - maybe I've gotten better at this and can set the difficulty back up! Then two more show up!? I got through it, but I sure wasn't thinking about raising the difficulty anymore!

Games really tough, much tougher than Doom 2016 which was already a level above most other AAA FPS games I've played for difficulty.
For sure. I think I did 2016 on hard difficulty.

Last edited:
Yep, it still did that! The game lead me through that whole level, showing the building of the Doom Hunter, going on and on about how deadly it was going to be. Then I fought it and beat it! Hey - maybe I've gotten better at this and can set the difficulty back up! Then two more show up!? I got through it, but I sure wasn't thinking about raising the difficulty anymore!

For sure. I think I did 2016 on hard difficulty.

It was a shock! At least the checkpoint was after the first one went down though.

Good point I think I played 2016 on Ultra Violence too, I play most FPS on one above normal. I heard Doom Eternal was really tough so I went with standard diffciulty. Do love a single player FPS campaign of the linear/wide linear type but there aren't all that many made anymore.

Been playing Warhammer 40K Chaos Gate Daemonhunters. Only couple of hours in. Have to wait and see how it balances out later as early enemies are very weak, and Space marines are very stronk. Its clearly Xcom inspired from the way the interface and chatting with NPC's on board the ship works, as well as the actual battles. there is much more of a melee focus and abilities are completely different. Lacks a bit of polish, some things are unclear from the tutorials but it seems like a pretty solid tactics game so far.

I've played a bunch more missions in XCOM: Chimera Squad yesterday. I'm really enjoying the amount of abilities available and I actually like the breach mechanic, something I had read some complaints about.

However, I'm now trying to decide whether to up the difficulty or not. So far I haven't had any agents fall to 0 HP and I've finished every mission with all agents at full health. It's been close a few times though. Like the one time two of my agents had already evacuated when an enemy used an ability to drag one of the two remaining ones halfway over the map and restraining them. It was the first time I'd seen that ability, so I had no way to predict it.

So I'm trying to decide whether I want to risk losing an agent to something I wouldn't be able to predict. I'm playing on iron-man mode, so I don't think I can just restart a mission on a lower difficulty when it happens either.

EDIT: I looked it up. Apparently you can't lose agents. If one of your agents dies in a mission, you get to restart the entire mission, even on ironman mode. Only if you also have hardcore mode on do you have to restart the entire campaign.

So I'll be increasing the difficulty next time.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS