Ram Speed

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone, i am having trouble with my ram speeds. I have 4000mt/s ram but its stuck at 2666. I have tried using XMP but every time i turn it on in bios, my pc wont boot and i have to reset the mobo. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? thanks
PC specs:
Mag b550 Tomahawk mobo
Ryzen 9 5900x cpu
G.skill Trident Neo 4000mt/s 64gb (4x16) ram
Rtx 3080 ti gpu

G skill haven't tested ram that runs at 4000 on that board. So I can't confirm from that angle.

link

What are the codes of the ram? should be F4 4000 something

I see F4-4000C18D-16GTZ on the qvl but its 2 x 8gb sticks
their qvl page is so annoying, you can't search by brand name. And its so long... no way to sort it easily.

could it be because they have it listed as 2x16 32gb instead of 64?
yes, because it is harder to get 4 sticks to work together than 2.

the codes should be different. the the number before GTZ means the set size. Not stick size.

Reactions: Brian Boru
is that one set of ram or 2?

cause G Skill show it as 32gb as well.

if they 2 different sets of the same ram, then... yes, take 2 sticks out. See if that helps.
Did you make PC?

sticks in sets only tested to work with each other. Adding extras that weren't tested can mess with timings.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
When you open the link i sent theres 4 different tabs you can click about the supported ram. i need to know which one i need to be on. the first one says memory by RX-5x00G/GE, is that the one i should be on?

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
i cant figure this out for the life of me, what ram would you prefer? i had crosair vengance rgb in the past and it still didnt run at what it was supposed too. but i also had it as 4x8

Problem I see is Asus haven't tested 64gb of ram at all. Highest is a set of 32gb

G Skill have tested 3600 with the board at 64gb sets - https://www.gskill.com/configurator...Capacity§64GB (16GBx4),Tested_Speed§3600 MT/s,

Corsair only tested as far as 3200mhz with board/CPU

Kingston tested 4k sticks but they all 8gb, the 16gb sticks are 3600. 5 sets of 64gb (4 x 16gb)

there are other ram makers, this is just off top of head. I have used Corsair for ages myself.

Seems if I wanted 64gb of 3600 I would have to go to G Skill as Corsair didn't test anything of that size and speed. Not that I want new ram... its about only thing I didn't change this year. I just added 2 fake sticks.
ImrAOmm.jpg

think I will resist as its still only 2 sticks. Would leave gaps in my lighting.

Don't worry about it Brian.

TRENDING THREADS