First time builder. Parts purchased, guidance please.

Jul 7, 2023
Visit site
Good evening! Disclaimer… I did put a PC together with the assistance of someone else back in 2008… so KIND of a first time builder. Lol my goal is to play most games (preferably all) at ultra settings. The two types of games I have traditionally played are Battlefield 3 and, more recently, Assassins Creed. I don’t play super often and I just want a smooth, enjoyable gaming experience with the best graphics I can muster.

That being said, the components for the build are as follows (needless to say, Newegg and Amazon prime days suckered me good):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D - Ryzen 9 7000 Series 16-Core 4.2 GHz

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING

CPU Cooler: DeepCool LS720 WH Premium Liquid CPU Cooler

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000)

Storage: one SAMSUNG 990 PRO M.2 2280 2TB; two WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2 2280 2TB (total 6GB - windows 11 Home will be on Samsung 990)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 White OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card

PSU: MSI - MPG A1000G PCIE 5.0, 80 GOLD Full Modular Gaming PSU

Case: LIAN LI Lancool III RGB White Aluminum

Extra Fans: 2 sets of LIAN LI UNI Fan AL120 V2 RGB White 3x 12cm Fan Pack with Controller (6 total fans)
(Plan to replace the fans on the CPU cooler and add 3 fans to the bottom of case for a slightly higher intake pressure). Plus since it’s a Lian-Li cas, I figured the color scheme for the ARGB would be easier and closer.

All that being said, I THINKiNG, based on YouTube videos, that the actual screwing together of components shouldn’t be super difficult. However, if there’s an order that would be recommended , I’m all ears.

Also, the ARGB part is frankly the most confusing. I.e…. where and what to plug into Mobo as opposed to a fan controller. Along with any other nuisances I should be aware of.

If you’d like to come along on this journey, lol, I’d be grateful for any insight.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts