Question RAM Issues. Please Help.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Everyone. I'm new and very dumb when it comes to anything under the hood of PC's. I'm here today to ask the help of anyone here. Here go's.

I think my first mistake was buying this PC: CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Master GMA6200WST w/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB, 8GB Memory, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi and Windows 10 Home 64 bit Gaming PC

I bought this as an entry level Gaming Computer for my son. It does run most games well. But it doesn't run Call of Duty Warzone well at all. So i was hoping i could add RAM to this motherboard. But i'm not sure if i can. Here is the motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x#kf GA-A320M-S2H (rev. 1.x)

I want to boost the RAM to 16. Hoping this will increase performance. And get less lag and latency. So please respond back to me here. I will reply back. I really want to make this generic rig better for my son.

Last edited:
What exactly is the performance problem with Warzone?

What kind of lag is it that you are getting?

And what settings are you playing on?

The hardware shouldn't be the issue. It's a decent spec, and should run games fine - as evidenced by the fact that it apparently runs the other games fine!

It''s very possible the performance issues are down to Warzone itself, or might be a settings or driver issue.

Strongly recommend exploring those before going straight to the Download More RAM stage :)

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Well for one. The PC gets real loud when the Battle.net PC app runs. But PC noise is normally never there while in game. Seems like its the fans touching something in the PC. But this noise normally goes away and doesn't come back. Normally...(this is not an issue for us)

The main issues we have while running the COD Warzone, is overall page to page loads in the launcher and in game menus, clicks through menus or game tab screens ect. In game issues are bad, horrible lag, freezing up, and over all just seems like a bad connection always. And the end of any Warzone match, it always freezes, lags, or completely boots you out of the software.

We use an Asus AC1200 router and speeds are great. We run tons of devices from Smart TVs, ext, with no probs. The PC is always connected by LAN Cat 5 or 6 cable directly to the router, sometimes we use our fiber wifi connection, still same game issues are always there.

Here is the screenshots of our settings. I have played with them so much though. Not sure what settings work the best. And its frustrating as hell.

View: https://imgur.com/zTGnHTR
View: https://imgur.com/8yHgiu1
View: https://imgur.com/5rDvRgA

Last edited:

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Maybe it isn't worth asking, but where's COD installed on? The 240gb SSD or the 1tb HDD?

If it's installed on the HDD, could it be the working HDD you hear rather than the fans? I think that could explain something because it needs to get more active. When it comes to loading times I think it's the HDD, it's slower than an SSD and loading times occasionallly can be really long. That's not always the case because for example GTA5 Online takes ages to load in anyway, but usually I'd look at the HDD for that.

If it's installed on the SSD, how much space do you ahve left? I only found out recently but apparently they slow down too if they get too full.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I guess i'm not sure the difference between lag and framerate stutter? Or how to distinguish the diference. And maybe your right about the servers. But this is all day everyday for the PC. My son runs COD Warezone on PS4 all day, on a shitty TV, very far from the router, perfectly, with no issues...

Zoid

Community Contributor
I guess i'm not sure the difference between lag and framerate stutter?
Does Warzone, or the launcher, have an option to display frames per second (FPS)? If not, you can download something like MSI Afterburner or Fraps or anything else that has a framerate overlay. That way you can see the framerate you're getting while you play. Framerate stutter is when your hardware cannot keep up with the demands of the game and the framerate drops. "Lag" is used way too generally a lot of times, but it typically refers to issues with connection in online games.

There's nothing wrong with the specs in your computer. I strongly suspect this is a COD Warzone server issue. They have been having really bad packet loss issues since launch. There have been loads of people, including on this forum, complaining about their server issues.

Reactions: dittodeano
Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
The FPS is normally good in game. Sometimes is jumps all over the place though. Some times in the hundreds. And i've noticed during the screens in between actual game play, like right before a game starts or just after the game ends, the FPS can drop below 5, sometimes freeze, ect. If it is the COD servers, how come i can watch pro players at the same time i'm playing not have any issues at all? And my game experience be so shitty all the time?

Thanks for your opinion it does mean alot to me.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I am not sure but from personal experience, Warzone's performance was all over the place. Same as you I had fps being everywhere, going from 40 to 100 even without doing anything or anything obvious going on. Even in menus it sometimes would almost freeze my mouse cursor for few seconds before going back up. Why? No clue - I thought it's because my rig if 5 years old at this point, but I have seen the same performance on way better PCs than mine.

My friend have other issue: game would run flawlessly but he needed to change executable's name at every run. I kid you not. And after some patch this stopped working and game doesn't even launch for him.

I would suggest waiting for more patches and checking maybe game's reddit/forums to see if there's maybe a new game update or GPU driver update available in near future.

tl;dr - Warzone is weird.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
I am not sure but from personal experience, Warzone's performance was all over the place. Same as you I had fps being everywhere, going from 40 to 100 even without doing anything or anything obvious going on. Even in menus it sometimes would almost freeze my mouse cursor for few seconds before going back up. Why? No clue - I thought it's because my rig if 5 years old at this point, but I have seen the same performance on way better PCs than mine.

My friend have other issue: game would run flawlessly but he needed to change executable's name at every run. I kid you not. And after some patch this stopped working and game doesn't even launch for him.

I would suggest waiting for more patches and checking maybe game's reddit/forums to see if there's maybe a new game update or GPU driver update available in near future.

tl;dr - Warzone is weird.

Yes it sucks. The game had a small update today and i continue to tweak some in game settings. Things seem to run a little smoother now. Which is the first in awile. But there is still crazy ''lag" on all in game loading screens. Like deploys, redeploys, pre match screens, and after match screens.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Yes it sucks. The game had a small update today and i continue to tweak some in game settings. Things seem to run a little smoother now. Which is the first in awile. But there is still crazy ''lag" on all in game loading screens. Like deploys, redeploys, pre match screens, and after match screens.
Do you mean the game takes an abnormal amount of time to load, or becomes unresponsive, or your framerate drops? Framerate dropping (or surging) during a loading screen is more or less normal for any game.

Reactions: Frindis
If you have not done it yet, it might help to lock your fps in the game. The menus freezing/laggy is normal in Warfront and it's been like that since day 1. I mentioned it in another thread that I do think the amazingly bad anti-cheat implemented might also take a heavy toll on the servers because of how many being able to very easily abuse the game.

Reactions: Zoid and Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS