Pre-Build for gaming. Worth bying? Any hints?

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,
i am thinking of bying a new pre-build for gaming purpose. I usually buy only pre builds just because of the warranty and since i dont trust my assembling skills that much. I want to keep it this way. That beeing said and since i want to spend a lot of money - well at least for me - is there someting you see?
- Any DONTs?
- Anything i should pay attention to if i am willing to pay that much? etc.
- Regarding the Cooling System: Its a AIO-System. Some sources say that i dont need to switch cooling water. Any thoughts?
Oh, and my goal is it to keep the system for the next lets say 5/6 years.

My current gaming resolution: 1920x1080

Link: https://www.hitech-gamer.com/en/Xtr...NESS-V16-X-908-Infinity-Mirror-white-RGB.html
CPU: INTEL Core i9-11900, clock frequency @ 5.20GHz
CPU Water Cooling: ENERMAX Liqmax III
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3200
Graphic Card: KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 Ti SG [1-Click OC]
Power Supply: FSP Hydro G Pro 1000W ATX 2.52
SSD: SAMSUNG SSD PM9A1 512GB, M.2
HDD: TOSHIBA Harddisk 1TB
Interface: Display Port/ USB 2.0/ USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Type-A/ 2.5G LAN Port/ Wi-Fi / Bluetooth Antenna
HD Audio Connectors/ HDMI/ Flash BIOS Button/ USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Type-A/ USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps Type-A/ USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20Gbps Type-C/ Optical S/PDIF OUT

It comes with WIN10 64 Bit.

If you need any more information to make a judgement just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Do you really need 64gb of ram? This is coming from someone with 32gb who hardly uses it.
Not much storage for the money you paying. I would at least get a 3tb hard drive or you might run out of space pretty fast. I was going to get 500gb nvme but swapped to a 1tb and use it for most things.

Regarding the Cooling System: Its a AIO-System. Some sources say that i dont need to switch cooling water. Any thoughts?
that is fairly normal for AIO, not many have the ability to fill them after purchase, some do, Mine doesn't. You may need to replace AIO before 6 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
my goal is it to keep the system for the next lets say 5/6 years
If I read the link correctly, you're paying nearly €4,000 for this [~$4,700]. Seems WAY overpriced to me, I would buy for less than half that now, and buy again in 3 years and have DDR5 RAM, 40-series graphics card [or even 50-series], newer CPU etc—plus have a nice older system to gift or sell.

There are no peripherals included—do you already have good monitor, KB, mouse?

I agree with @Colif, 64GB is too much RAM, and that storage is bad.
Also, 1000W PSU is likely more than you will need, 750W should be fine.

Are there any high-end uses you haven't mentioned, or is it mainly for modern gaming?

Most people don't buy peripherals at same time as PC unless its an OEM PC and then in most cases, you don't want the mouse & kb they give you. Displays... last PC I got that came with a monitor was my IBM in 1999.

I might list my mouse/KB on my build but I got mouse a year before and KB a few months after. Monitor was bought 3 months after PC but generally I don't replace all my peripherals all at the same time.

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Are there any high-end uses you haven't mentioned, or is it mainly for modern gaming?

Its only for modern gaming. Peripherals i already have. The thing is if i choose the components by myself i dont know if system will works properly even if i order some kind of assembling service. It kinda hurts that you can buy this for nearly the half of it...*gasp* but thanks for the feedback :)

Aug 4, 2021
Visit site
Do you really need 64gb of ram? This is coming from someone with 32gb who hardly uses it.
Not much storage for the money you paying. I would at least get a 3tb hard drive or you might run out of space pretty fast. I was going to get 500gb nvme but swapped to a 1tb and use it for most things.

Thanks as well. I keep that in mind.

TRENDING THREADS