Please help me decide between these two RTX 2070 Super Cards

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking to buy one of the two cards in the links below and I'm honestly leaning towards the NVIDIA in the first link. Cheaper, better reviews, and it spec wise it is not much different than the more expensive EVGA card. What do you think?

NVIDIA

EVGA

Why either / or? There are a lot of other 2070 Supers in between?

I wouldn't buy the Founders Edition card, but then I'd be unlikely to pay a $70 (almost 15%) premium for that EVGA card either.

Also, are you sure the 2070 Super is the best fit for you? And are you aware of the new gen of GPUs about to launch?

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
Why either / or? There are a lot of other 2070 Supers in between?

I wouldn't buy the Founders Edition card, but then I'd be unlikely to pay a $70 (almost 15%) premium for that EVGA card either.

Also, are you sure the 2070 Super is the best fit for you? And are you aware of the new gen of GPUs about to launch?

Thanks for reply. I'm basically looking to build a desktop gaming PC as affordable as possible with Ray Tracing. I don't think I'm going to buy any next gen consoles at launch. Currently I'm gaming on a gaming laptop with an i5 and GTX1050 TI 4GB.

May I ask why you wouldn't buy the Founders Edition?

I'd definitely hold off for Nvidia and AMD's new graphics cards if ray tracing if your objective.

Given the often terrible performance of raytracing on modern gen cards, and the pretty limited scope of existing raytracing implementations in games (i.e. performance is poor and they're not even raytacing that much) it's likely the next gen cards will have a significant boost to raytracing performance.

What's the full spec of the rest of your system?

I'd probably avoid an FE as it doesn't have idle fan stop, and the cooler isn't as good as many third party models that cost little more. I mean I'm sure it's fine, but I'd probably to try to get something with a slightly better cooler that didn't have the large premium of that EVGA one. That said, at this point, I'd definitely wait for next gen GPUs especially if I wanted raytracing.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I agree with waiting until the 3000 series Nvidia cards launch if you're after raytracing. That said, if you're also looking to keep your purchase at around the $500 mark, you may be waiting until early next year for the "budget" cards to launch. It all depends on how high the prices slide with the new generation. I suppose if AMD is competitive this time around, you may have cheaper options sooner than that. It all remains to be seen.

TRENDING THREADS