Question Pixelated Stream at 1080p 60fps with 18.7 Mbps Upload speed

Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm back with another question for you wonderful wizards! I have posted this on the OBS forums as well but thought I'd check out the trustworthy brains here too!

So I started streaming this week (On Twitch) using OBS stream elements. So far so good. However I have noticed on my VOD's that my stream is blurry/pixelated. This is usually the case when moving around, however when stationary the frames catch up and the image quality is good. I've searched and searched online about what is causing this. I've looked at bitrates, scaling, encoder options, changing output resolution and I just can't seem to figure it out.

I am attempting to stream in 1080p at 60 fps. I am playing and streaming on one PC but I have put together a beastly machine in hopes of handling this. I have set my Encoder to NVIDIA NVENC and i'm using a bitrate of 6000 Kbps (I've also tried to lower it down to 4,000 with no luck). I am also using a wired connection.

I have been trying to stream the new release Sons Of The Forest and noticed that quite a few streamers are experiencing some blurriness/pixelation on their streams. I have also streamed Apex and League of Legends a couple days ago and noticed Apex too was a little blurry but nothing like what I am experiencing with Sons Of The Forest.

Internet speeds: 71Mbps Download / 18Mpbs Upload

For reference please find my PC specifications below.

Processor: Intel Core i7-13700KF
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM AIO
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL40
GPU: Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card
PSU: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Storage: Crucial P2 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Fans: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm x6
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor

I realise not all of these components are relevant but I want to be thorough in trying to understand my issue here.

Additionally I was wondering how I might test any setting changes I have made without going live? I have setup a test stream previously but I cannot see what the stream looks like from a viewers perspective. Any tips?

Please let me know if you guys require any additional information from me that might help troubleshoot my issue. Please see the attached images for my video and output settings in OBS.

Link to my most recent VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1747834603 (Please excuse my profanity xD)

OBS output and video settings below

Thanks in advance!

Output.png

Video.png

TRENDING THREADS