Pillars Of Eternity Epic Games Opening Bug

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys how are you?

I hope you are well.

As you know Epic Games giveaway POE 1. But I have trouble when starting the game. When starting the game I have only had a black screen just only have a mouse icon. The game doesn't start.

Does anyone have the same problem?

What should I do?

What are your suggestions?

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Well, first thing I would do is wait up to five minutes just in case.

Next, I would check my computer specs against what the game requires. That kind of thing can happen if your video card doesn't have enough memory to deal with the game.

Oh, actually, there's a PC Gamer article on this:
What to do when a PC game crashes | PC Gamer
Zloth thanks for your answer. I tried all of them but didn't change anything. I guess it should be a problem game files from giving to the Epic Games. I'm going to delete the game.

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
It's most likely not the game on epic, it works just fine if it didn't 10's of 1k's of players would be having issues. Most likely there is something off with your config. If you want help it's very helpful to those trying to give it to you to post your DX-Diag. Often that can red flag your issue. You can also run this to make sure your comp isn't having issue. This will also redflag anything that might be off.

Thanks for your help. I solved the problem.
After you have done what Zloth recommended, you could also try out this possible fix:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/120242-epic-games-poe-black-screen-problem/
That's worked for me. When I changed the region to the UK it solved. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: Frindis and Zloth
Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
The LANGUAGE being set wrong makes it go black screen!? How did anyone even think to try that!?
Yea that's wired but before the steam, I remember lots of things liked that in the games. Mostly in windows 7 a lot of things like that. change language, open the games admin mode. So it didn't surprise me :)
So admins can tag the topic solved.

Reactions: Zloth
Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Ok well that is a new one to me. Perhaps these kinda things will be popping up more though with Win 7 not being officially supported these days.

I'm glad you got it sorted out.. But i guess i was part right, it was a config thing., i just didn't think it would be language lol

Thanks.
I mean far far away before the Steam we had lots of problems with the game launching.
Yea you guessed right. That's not about only language it also about the region settings problem.

So thanks guys for your collaboration.

TRENDING THREADS