PCGamer.com website increased CPU usage

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
May 16, 2020
Visit site
I got around to testing this link on my laptop, but for me it does keep my CPU between 25% and 30%.

I am on Firefox version 76.01 with no active add-ons for the PC-gamer site, if that makes a difference.
I do have Ublock Origin and one that is called "Dark background and light text" but both are disabled for this site. I will try testing it on my work laptop tomorrow and see if there is any difference for me.

Reactions: Pifanjr
May 16, 2020
Visit site
I am on Firefox version 76.01 with no active add-ons for the PC-gamer site, if that makes a difference.
I do have Ublock Origin and one that is called "Dark background and light text" but both are disabled for this site. I will try testing it on my work laptop tomorrow and see if there is any difference for me.

Tested the link on my work PC and the results were the same as on my home computer; no high cpu usage.

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
Firefox 76.0.1 (64-bit) here.
Normal CPU usage 0.2%
PCG Usage 17.4%
Windows 8

Maybe its due to the cache issues that will slow the webiste otherwise it is okay here the stats are showing above.

[redacted since it looked like a spam link and had no relevance to the topic and the platform we use on the forums]
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS