Question GTA V keeps freezing and CPU usage at 100%

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
I have a Dell Inspiron 3593 laptop and have Intel i5-1035G1, Nvidia GeForce mx230 and 8GB RAM. I've had my laptop for 3 years and when I initially downloaded GTA V after purchasing it, everything went well, there were no problems but then All my data somehow deleted by itself and after I downloaded the game again it was lagging and freezes no matter how I change the settings in the game it doesn't help.

I recently had problems with my laptop, it was very slow and the screen was always gray before you got to the log-in page and that's why I put an SSD in because I only had an HDD (I have an additional SSD slot) and it was much faster.

I thought that this would fix the problem with GTA but even after installing it on the SSD there is still no difference and in Task Manager the CPU usage is 100% while playing.

Of course I contacted Rockstar Games but they don't help me at all. Either they stop answering or they give me solutions that they just repeat.

I have all the latest drivers and Windows updates. I have a program to clean. I have put programs in sleep mode and closed unnecessary programs that are running in the background. I have a game booster, GTA V is set in the graphics settings to high performance and still nothing helps.

I hope someone can help me fix this issue

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
I have an Anti Virus Programm so it shouldn't be

No one AV program will catch everything all the time, which is why I suggested 2-3 online scans above. If you have Windows 10 or 11, start with a Windows Defender scan:

how can I do that scan?

First below is how-to, others are places I recommend for the job:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts