PCG articles Links and Discussion March 2024

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

This seems pretty cool, but I think it's ridiculous to call it a "human-like gaming companion". It's not like it'll be a replacement for the social connection you get from playing with other people, it'll be like a robot butler you can order around.
I can definitely see people getting attached to it, though, especially if they have distinct personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr
I don't think that should be encouraged or normalized. At least not as a replacement for human connection.

Hang on. You're saying you don't think the average multiplayer 'connection' can be improved on? That the toxic cesspool we've admired from afar is as good as it gets.

I've got a pinecone sitting in front of me here which provides a better social experience! Roll on AI for pinecones, it would be pineconic!

Hang on. You're saying you don't think the average multiplayer 'connection' can be improved on? That the toxic cesspool we've admired from afar is as good as it gets.

I've got a pinecone sitting in front of me here which provides a better social experience! Roll on AI for pinecones, it would be pineconic!

The toxis cesspool provides contrast to the positive experiences.

Typical Nintendo **** and all the more reason for me to continue my trend of not buying their stuff. I know they value their property, but there's no reason I should have to pay $60 for a 7 year old game on their hardware and then be locked in to paying for basic stuff like Cloud saves, in addition to paying for games I've already paid for many times over (Switch Online or whatever their emulation is called).

This is just a drop in the bucket. Emulation will continue apace, though it may be more difficult to do as more and more devs remove access to their emulators via the Play store. It's all fine, for the dedicated community, things will continue as usual and for myself, I'll happily continue emulating GBA on my PS Vita or using a flash cart on an actual GBA.

After i wrote my post i decided to look into everyone's opinions on the matter. i suspect nintendo's annoyance was the fact that Yuzu was pateon supported, but even worse they even provided members with the roms/files to play the games as well. So get the latest emulators and BOTW or TOTK to play. So yeah... it porbably slipped into the piracy side of things.

The other problem? the switch is not a retro console. If it had been maybe several years afterwards the switch ceased production, web abilities not operating there would be more favorable.

The other thing? there are other switch emulators, yuzu was merely one of them so there might be a chance for other emulators to rise. i'm in no rush to download or get it.

But then again like gabe says, to beat piracy, you just have to deliver a service that is more appealing. So far nintendo isn't really interested and simply drip feeding their back catalogue in such a way that it makes them incredibly greasy even if its in their right to do so. Besides how popular was emulation circles anyway or pirating? probably a handful compared to those who bought it.

But the bigger tragedy was the loss of citra, the 3ds emulator. online play is being turneed off next month and the 3ds store was turned off last year. Want to get the games? you need to get cartridges or ebay. This is where emulation comes into play and hope that something comes out from it. maybe the switch 2 (or whatever nintendo calls it) will allow for it, but its highly unlikely.

After i wrote my post i decided to look into everyone's opinions on the matter. i suspect nintendo's annoyance was the fact that Yuzu was pateon supported, but even worse they even provided members with the roms/files to play the games as well. So get the latest emulators and BOTW or TOTK to play. So yeah... it porbably slipped into the piracy side of things.

The other problem? the switch is not a retro console. If it had been maybe several years afterwards the switch ceased production, web abilities not operating there would be more favorable.

The other thing? there are other switch emulators, yuzu was merely one of them so there might be a chance for other emulators to rise. i'm in no rush to download or get it.

But then again like gabe says, to beat piracy, you just have to deliver a service that is more appealing. So far nintendo isn't really interested and simply drip feeding their back catalogue in such a way that it makes them incredibly greasy even if its in their right to do so. Besides how popular was emulation circles anyway or pirating? probably a handful compared to those who bought it.

But the bigger tragedy was the loss of citra, the 3ds emulator. online play is being turneed off next month and the 3ds store was turned off last year. Want to get the games? you need to get cartridges or ebay. This is where emulation comes into play and hope that something comes out from it. maybe the switch 2 (or whatever nintendo calls it) will allow for it, but its highly unlikely.

Yuzu definitely engaged in some questionable ****, that's for sure. Losing Citra kind of sucks, but I'm sure a new emulator will pop-up sooner or later, because people love that system.

I still own mine and have actually been playing it recently and let's just say, you can absolutely acquire games outside of Carts or Ebay and the service is even better than the eShop ever was.

Yuzu definitely engaged in some questionable ****, that's for sure. Losing Citra kind of sucks, but I'm sure a new emulator will pop-up sooner or later, because people love that system.

I still own mine and have actually been playing it recently and let's just say, you can absolutely acquire games outside of Carts or Ebay and the service is even better than the eShop ever was.
Absolutely. if your 3ds has CFW, you'll have an edge over those who do things legitimately and take nintendo's decision lying down. if publishers refuse to support their back catalogues through legitimate methods, other methods become much more appealing when you have little to nothing to lose.

added CFW to my ps vita and now i can play the playstation and psp games on my vita - along with vita games.

Reactions: BeardyHat
another for your wishlist

Hey thanks! Just let me check current one:

oRfbNjC.png

Hmm, maybe I'll put your one on 'Follow' rather than Wishlist :)

<shrug> seems good to me. FAR better than, say, this:
View: https://youtu.be/SO8QWZt7nMw?si=FZFpw3v7AaGRcFq4
You're trying to create a lowball anchor so I'll think, "Hey, this Hollywood cliche clip isn't so bad!" It didn't work, though. In the Fallout scene, just convert it to one of any dreadful Marvel movies and replace the Brotherhood of Steel guy with the superhero of your choice. And I felt sorry for the poor actress from the vault trying to make her lines seem natural.

Reactions: Brian Boru

This is worrying to me. Im running a 4080s /12900k and Fraser here is getting 80-100 (im assuming at 4k max settings) FPS with a 4090/13900k in the best areas but down to 30-40 ish in the big city.

Im also not holding my breath that capcom will release something either within the first day of its release or first month on fixing any optimization issues.

Ill report what i manage to get. I loved Dragons Dogma so im willing to deal with framerate issues, just hope it doesnt ruin my time. Also, games should be accessible to all ranges of gpu's and it seems Dragons Dogma 2 wont be one of those games.

It's amazing how fast the development for neuralink has gone. When I first heard about it I didn't think I would be seeing it implanted into a human successfully within a couple of years.
It's possibly because Elon Musk is bold to the edge of reckless. He's sure as heck is getting things done that way, though. All I know is I'm a "Patient Implant Receiver" TM. I'll let them do a bunch of these before I sign up :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
Ill report what i manage to get. I loved Dragons Dogma so im willing to deal with framerate issues, just hope it doesnt ruin my time. Also, games should be accessible to all ranges of gpu's and it seems Dragons Dogma 2 wont be one of those games.
I wouldn't think it would be a big deal. In town, you're normally just chatting and shopping. Even 24 f/s should work fine for that.

This is an extremely important topic, I think, as someone who has been forced to play games that are always online. Before devs shut them down for good, as has to happen eventually, either make a private server option or a shared server option or just an offline option.

Just a total guess, but I imagine baked-in 3rd-party IP would be a major stumbling block to this, even if devs could do it from a code POV.
I doubt that would be much of a stumbling block. No one said there was no work involved. The suggestion came from a developer speaking to developers, so I'm going to assume he knows what it takes. There could be the odd game here and there, very rare cases, where they have some 3rd party asset that can't be used off official servers, as was the case with Worlds Adrift.

The only real barriers most of the time will come from management that doesn't want to spend money on the game anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts