Question Pc wont turn on

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
So i had a small problem that became a big one, so one day when i went to turn on my pc it didn't turn on, i unpluged and pluged my cabels and it turned on, then it started to be more hard to turn on as it required to un plug all the cables a few time, later it became worst as i had to wait 2 days in particular to turn it on.

At the time when i got the pc it didn't have a cmos battery but it runned normaly i just had to pres f1 tl boot up.
troubleshooting methods i tryed doing are:
-pluging in the psu cable in to a diffrent outlet
-repluging all the components
-cleaning the psu and the psu fan
-putting a new cmos battery (i did that yesterday)

The pc is an older one only used for school work,youtube and few games

-also the pc when restarted it runs but no display and turning on and while the pc is runing unpluging then plugging the psu cable and then clicking the power on button fast will turn on the pc
Specs
-nvidea g220
-asrock g31m-s
-3 gb ram (2x1 1x1)
-psu jugodata LC-B300ATX
-cpu (i just know its a amd althon)

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Well, something electrical isn't connecting well, but it could be a ton of different things. Somebody with the right tools could probably track down the point where the electricity isn't showing up and, if you're lucky and its something easy like the power switch itself, replace the part for a sane price. That PC has to be at least 11 years old, though. Time to get a new one.

Oh, if you've got any important files on that computer, you better back them up as soon as possible. You don't want to get to a point where you can't turn the PC on at all anymore without some sort of back ups. Maybe just pop them all onto a USB drive?

TRENDING THREADS