pc turns off when gaming

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi, in some demanding games like microsft flying simulator my pc turns off after a few minutes. It does not happens with all games. I hear that it could be a problem with the psu, but the psu i got is new, just got it last week and is a corsair rmx 850 w. My gpu is a rtx 3090 zotac trinity (also new). My cpu is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K (this one is like 2 years old).
About temperatures i have measure the temperature with zotac firefly and it is about 70-80 when gaming. Using 90%+ of the gpu.
Maybe it could be an ups problem, because when this happens my ups turns off and the high voltage button turns on. My ups is a CyberPower UPS CST135XLU, No break 1350VA/810W. But is a little bit weird because it says im only using about 60-70% of my ups. So i dont know what it could be.
Thank you

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
If you remove the UPS and just power directly to the socket, does the problem go away?
Hi, so far is working great without the ups, so i guess that was the problem. I tested it by playing the flying simulator, overwatch 2 and a plage tale requiem. But going to keep testing it more and if i have any problems i will update.

Thank you very much @COLGeek

Reactions: Brian Boru

COLGeek

Hi, so far is working great without the ups, so i guess that was the problem. I tested it by playing the flying simulator, overwatch 2 and a plage tale requiem. But going to keep testing it more and if i have any problems i will update.

Thank you very much @COLGeek
You are welcome. One of the moderators suffered a similar problem recently. A beefier UPS solved the issue.

TRENDING THREADS