PC temperature problems

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
I have an R5 5600x with an RTX gigabyte eagle 3070 OC, mounted on a Noz Hammer ZS, with which I have 1 fan in the front injecting air (1000rpm), and in the upper one removing it (100rpm), the processor has "DeepCool Gammaxx" liquid cooling L120T Red Kit", before in that same box I had an i7 6700 + 1060 gaming X from MSI and it did not get that hot, I understand that this processor and graphics, being more powerful, get hotter, but the R5 5600x without doing anything is almost always at 50ºC only if I leave the pc without doing anything at all it goes down to 42ºC, but if I start playing, reaching almost 70ºC is easy, the same thing happens with the graphics, if I start playing with a load of +/- 40 % Reaching 65-70ºC is easy and if the session is prolonged it goes over 70ºC, if I give the graphics to the max (I don't limit the FPS) going from 80ºC with the fan to 88% is easy and the pc case will put to boil
Then it is a problem of the components that, being more powerful, generate more heat and my tower cannot dissipate or those temperatures are normal, because with the graphic before at 80ºC (gtx 1060) it did not arrive and with this it costs me little

Hi. Your CPU temperatures are just fine. Ryzen will run at 80c and be well within comfortable limits. It doesnt use any more power than your 6700 did, so it wont generate any more heat. They also idle a bit higher than old Intel chips, so 42c is also quite normal.

80c is also fine for your GPU, but the fans shouldnt be hitting 88% to keep it there. Are there any empty spaces to install extra case fans? 2 in and 1 out is a minimum for me, and decent case fans dont have to be expensive.

the processor has "DeepCool Gammaxx" liquid cooling L120T Red Kit"
where in the case is the radiator? rear?

i wonder how much air gets in the front of that case, the vents along side of the front don't look like they would help a lot - https://www.nox-xtreme.com/en/chassis/hummer-zs-black
Adding an extra intake on the front may not help.

How many vents are there under the PSU Shroud? You can mount 2 x 120mm fans on the top of the PSU shroud and if made intakes they might push most of heat from GPU out top of the case.

Problem appears to be the CPU Radiator is in an exhaust position and basically sucks all the heat from GPU out through it?

I would increase RPM of the fan on top if you can to try to help radiator out. right now the AIO is probably fastest spinning exhaust fan.

I have a 3600xt on a 240mm AIO, not sure I would have run 120mm. Its not exactly the same as 5600 but its same core count. It depends on ambient temps but I am pretty much always between 36 & 40c at idle. I don't play games enough to know those temps. Not sure I would have used a 120 but in that case you don't have much choice.

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
The liquid cooling is in the back of the tower, I have it set to take in air from the outside and put it inside, I know it seems stupid but that way I can lower the cpu one more degree, as absurd as it may seem, but I guess I heat the tower little by little from what I saw of changing the standard fan for (this fan is the only one that extracts air):

which has better CFM and static pressure than the current one

The one in the upper part I thought of putting;

https://www.amazon.es/Arctic-P12-Fan-Case-
optimized/dp/B07GB16RK7/ref=psdc_937943031_t1_B07ZJF9L7H

in the front part, the grilles are sad but I can really do little there, except to break the casing itself, you can see to put another one faster, currently the one that is there injects air into the tower,

In the graph I have one under one (I think it is 120mm) that always goes at 1000rpm, I saw on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.es/euroharry-Fan-card-Fan-Cooler/dp/B08TZSYJ8J/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid =28NBB2AVXPS7N&keywords=cooling+graphics+card&qid=1655228719&s=computers&sprefix=cooling+graphics+card%2Ccomputers%2C80&sr=1-5

in my case I would not put it attached to the graph, since just below it are the sata/usb connections and the graph already covers 2 sata =( xD

On the subject of the cpu, what I did try is to remove the turbo mode from the cpu and it drops 10ºC, because I saw that it is always using it and at the highest possible Hz, and I see that the temperature rises quickly, since if I leave the pc without doing anything, not touching it goes down to those 42ºC but just by opening the chrome or something similar it goes up to 55ºC

What do you think ??

Que les parece ??

Your CPU temps are perfect if they are what you stated before under heavy load. A 120mm AIO is absolutely fine for an 80 W part. Idle temperatures are irrelevant as long as under load you arent over 80 c you're golden, even 90c would technically be safe according to AMD.

Your GPU temps are a problem. Need more fans in and or out.

The Arctic fans are great budget options, and would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Instead of the artic one, I can have another one, which is slightly more expensive and has similar features but is somewhat quieter,

and I'll try to get what looks like a 3-fan graphics card for the graphics card,
If I remove the lid and stress it with Superposition Benchmark in a few minutes since it doesn't take long, it stabilizes at 75-76ºC with a fan of 83% if I close the lid it starts to rise, I couldn't tell you until when it stops xD

tbh I don't think fan on front help at all, better to move it to under GPU. Provided there are holes in bottom of case for air to get in.
CPU is fed by AIO from outside so its not going to care too much about the heat inside case.
Getting rid of GPU heat is main problem.
One or Two 120mm fans under the gpu above PSU shroud might help reduce its fan speed if it has some help with heat. Won't heat up as fast anyway.

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
Choose to order the pack of 3 92mm fans that are gpu format to put them low.

There are holes but below these is the power supply.

Not going to argue :)

where are hdd mounted in there? I don't mean the external drive bays, can you attach drives to back plate? or is there a cage in the PSU Shroud?
I assume the 2 internal aren't just the external ones
External: 2x 5.25''

Internal: 2x 3.5'', 2x 2.5''

there is a vent at front that is likely not under PSU unless you have a longer PSU than I do. But if drives are in there, it won't help a lot.

Jun 14, 2022
Visit site
I have 2 hard drives, 1 is in the 3.5 bay and the other, which is an SSD, is anchored to the chassis behind, just above the other, but that one does not obstruct anything, since there is nothing there, only cables pass through

TRENDING THREADS