Pc hardware upgrade help.

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Hey Guys, super new here and I apologize for not having everything lined out the way I should.
So I recently bought myself a gaming PC. I would like to do some upgrading of my own to make it a little power house without busting the bank. Things I’m really looking at doing is Motherboard, Processor, and graphics card.
Here is a brief list of what I have (keep in mind my pc is complete and working so I’d like to just pull and swap the parts I have)

Asus A88xm-a/usb3.1
And processor is AMD Radeon 4 (I believe with integrated graphics card.
I do have 2 sticks DDR3 for 8gb ram
I like the case it’s all in it has PLENTY of room for whatever I upgrade with.
I have a thermaltek power supply
1tb sunbow SDD
Not sure processor cooler. I would rather do I water cooled setup with RGB

Any help on choosing best motherboard for moderate to light gaming and still looks “cool” in case around 100-150$

Any help on choosing best Processor to mate with new MB would also be appreciated. Thank you guys, I am new to the pc world so the language is foreign to me but I’m learning. Thanks again.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
What's the total budget of your upgrading?

Take in consideration, if you want a decent gaming PC, you're going to need a videocard as well.
Also, what do you mean by this?

Any help on choosing best motherboard for moderate to light gaming and still looks “cool” in case around 100-150$

Do you want the total upgrade to be at 100-150$, the motherboard to be that price, or a possible new case at that price? I'm a bit confused haha.

Also, as far as I can see, "Radeon 4" are the graphics that belong to your CPU. Quickly looking that looks like the CPU / APU (APU = CPU with integraded graphics) to be an AMD A6-6310.

It's a bit confusing though, AMD itself says there's a desktop version, but all benchmarks are laptop versions.

Last question: What's your powersupply (wattage) and how old is it? Would be good to know if we should recommend a new one or not.

So far I think that it doesn't even matter what (new) CPU you're going for, I think it will be a great performance increase :p

I don't really want to make any hardware recommendations before knowing your total budget for CPU, Mobo, RAM and a videocard.

Reactions: Oussebon and Zoid

Zoid

Community Contributor
I would like to do some upgrading of my own to make it a little power house without busting the bank.

Like @Inspireless Llama said, we'll need to know your total budget for upgrades as well as the full details of your current spec (including age and exact model of power supply, and case for clearance reasons). Also, what monitor are you currently playing on (resolution, refresh rate), and are you planning on keeping it or upgrading it?

It will also help to know what kinds of games you are hoping to play, and what kind of performance you are hoping to get in those games.

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS