PC build for gaming & video editing - need feedback

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys, here is a list of components for a PC build I came up with by asking to a few people, budget around £1600/1700.

MOTHERBOARD

CPU

CPU cooler

RAM

SSD

GRAPHIC CARD

CASE

Power supply

What do you think? Would you do better? And how? Am I missing anything? Just to be clear, I won't need to buy a monitor and I believe 1TB SSD is good enough for me, ocnsidering I also have a couple of SSD drivers I can take from my old pc.
Apart from that, looking forward to your input!

Thanks

Reactions: Why_Me
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
I see, thanks for the tip! The thing is I am limited to the dimensions, especially the width that must not exceed 22cm. Do you have some recommendation?

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
maybe something like this:

but it looks a bit of a pain to clean, not sure.
Also, do you know how much more it would add to the bill those RGB fans? If they make the difference in terms of power, then I would rather have normal fans, I don't care.

maybe something like this:

but it looks a bit of a pain to clean, not sure.
Also, do you know how much more it would add to the bill those RGB fans? If they make the difference in terms of power, then I would rather have normal fans, I don't care.
The powerconsuption of the fans and it's RGB is probably insignificant compared to the other components. 4-5wats for the fan and rgb perhaps? RGB usually don't draw much power at all.

Finding it hard to figure out if front fans are included or not in that MSI chassie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
That's great to know, thanks @JarlBSoD for the reply!

Finding it hard to figure out if front fans are included or not in that MSI chassie.

According to the description, it says:
"The MPG VELOX 100P AIRFLOW includes 4 pre-installed 120mm fans, and can mount up to 7"
But now that I am giving it a closer look, I might have made a mistake! It's actually too wide (23cm)... damn!

I am really struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes:
- width no more than 22cm
- good ventilation
- Dust filters all around (front, back, side)
- at least 1 USB gen 2x2 typeC and 1 or 2 fast USB

That's great to know, thanks @JarlBSoD for the reply!

According to the description, it says:
"The MPG VELOX 100P AIRFLOW includes 4 pre-installed 120mm fans, and can mount up to 7"
But now that I am giving it a closer look, I might have made a mistake! It's actually too wide (23cm)... damn!

I am really struggling to find something that ticks all the boxes:
- width no more than 22cm
- good ventilation
- Dust filters all around (front, back, side)
- at least 1 USB gen 2x2 typeC and 1 or 2 fast USB
You probably don't want filters on the backside though unless you plan on using that side as intake.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
They look great @Why_Me but unfortunately they don't have a USB type-C port, and I need at least one (I know I could use an adaptor, but I will be using it quite often so I might as well have a dedicated port).
Thank you very much for trying to give me options, though!

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
or what about this one:

I think it's got everything I need, but I've read from the reviews that the button that controls the RGB doesn't work? As in, it's meant to be used on the 110R version (which is the one I posted earlier that is closed on the front, so bad airflow).

As I said I don't really mind whether I have RGB or not, but if it has RGB then what's the point in having a button that doesn't work? Anyway I might get it anyway, if that's the only downside.

What do you think?

or what about this one:

I think it's got everything I need, but I've read from the reviews that the button that controls the RGB doesn't work? As in, it's meant to be used on the 110R version (which is the one I posted earlier that is closed on the front, so bad airflow).

As I said I don't really mind whether I have RGB or not, but if it has RGB then what's the point in having a button that doesn't work? Anyway I might get it anyway, if that's the only downside.

What do you think?
Not sure i am the guy to answer your questions about MSI cases since i never buy MSI products at all :)
However from the looks of it,I still don't understand why they want to cover upp the front to limit airflow but that case atleast looks to be a bit better than the previous one you liked to :) Go to youtube and see if there are any reviews of it etc.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Yeah I think that's the best compromise I can find. Then of course if anyone comes up with a better solution in the meantime, that would be great!

Thanks everyone

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS