PC build for gaming & video editing - need feedback

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Update!

I have been thinking about it long and hard, and I think at the end of the day I can live without a dedicated USB type-c port if that means getting a superior case, so I am now considering the one that @Why_Me recommended at the beginning:

(plus one more fan on the rear, as suggested)

I think this is a better option, if we don't consider the ub ype-C port anymore. That being said, I don't see any dust filters, perhaps I am mistaken?

Reactions: Why_Me
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Ok, gettin close... but one last question!
I am just double checking every bit to make sure, and looking at the motherboard:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00066HEV6?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
"MSI PRO Z690"

I might be wrong, but it looks like it doesn't have wifi and bluetooth functions? I need them both.
I see there is another version called "MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4" where it specifies it has wifi and bluetooth, but it says "DDR4", does that mean that I cannot use the DDR5 RAM I was planning to buy? If so, is there another motherboard that has everything I need and that still fits with the rest of the components (the full list is at the beginning of this thread)?

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, as probably every motherboard comes with wifi and bluetooth by default (although as I said, it's not listed in that particular model), but I am close to buying the whole build and I really want to make sure I don't make any mistake!

Thanks !

Reactions: Brian Boru
Ok, gettin close... but one last question!
I am just double checking every bit to make sure, and looking at the motherboard:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00066HEV6?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
"MSI PRO Z690"

I might be wrong, but it looks like it doesn't have wifi and bluetooth functions? I need them both.
I see there is another version called "MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4" where it specifies it has wifi and bluetooth, but it says "DDR4", does that mean that I cannot use the DDR5 RAM I was planning to buy? If so, is there another motherboard that has everything I need and that still fits with the rest of the components (the full list is at the beginning of this thread)?

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, as probably every motherboard comes with wifi and bluetooth by default (although as I said, it's not listed in that particular model), but I am close to buying the whole build and I really want to make sure I don't make any mistake!

Thanks !
That board in your link doesn't come with built in wifi.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
That board in your link doesn't come with built in wifi.

Thanks @Why_Me for confirming this! I was recomended this motherboard but only onw I had a proper look. I need something with built in wifi and bluetooth (I don't have ethernet cable available in the place where the pc will be, so it must be wireless).
Do you have a recommendation for something that may fit into the rest of the build, please?

Thanks @Why_Me for confirming this! I was recomended this motherboard but only onw I had a proper look. I need something with built in wifi and bluetooth (I don't have ethernet cable available in the place where the pc will be, so it must be wireless).
Do you have a recommendation for something that may fit into the rest of the build, please?
Run this board through PC Partpicker to see if there's better prices.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Yes that's basically the same model but the wifi version, but I see it says "DDR4", so does that mean I cannot use the DDR5 I was planning to buy? Is there something that can allow me to use everything else I have in the list? As I suppose DDR4 are inferior than DDR5?

Sorry I don't understand. This is the one without wifi and bluetooth. While the other one has wifi (not sure about bluetooth?) but it says DDR4.

Am I missing something?
My bad ... I linked the wrong board. Use Scan UK and / or Box UK to filter out the Z690 DDR5 boards and after you find a board with wifi that you like run it through PC Partpicker.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
oh no, now it says it is incompatible with the processor, need to find a substitution then.
Or maybe I can get away with it just by upgrading the bios:

"The MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard supports the Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor with BIOS version 7D32vH7. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU. "

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
ok so I think that should do it, right? I get that tomawak motherboard and I update the bios to make sure I won't have problems with the processor. Unless you have a better option to suggest, @Why_Me ?

Sorry if I keep relying on you, hopefully I won't be bothering you again once this is settled!

• Haha
oh no, now it says it is incompatible with the processor, need to find a substitution then.
Or maybe I can get away with it just by upgrading the bios:

"The MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard supports the Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor with BIOS version 7D32vH7. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU. "
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-wifi-atx-lga1700-motherboard-pro-z790-p-wifi

Reactions: NewbieD
Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Wow, now that's too many choices! Now I am even more confused ahahaha
To be honest I don't know how to chose.
Can you please just tell me which one you think it's the best among those and I'll buy that?
Thanks!

Wow, now that's too many choices! Now I am even more confused ahahaha
To be honest I don't know how to chose.
Can you please just tell me which one you think it's the best among those and I'll buy that?
Thanks!
If you're running dual M.2 SSD's then the MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI or Gigabyte board. Otherwise the Asus Prime or MSI PRO Z790-P.

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Oh no, now the power supply that I had in the list is out of stock!

Can you please recommend an alternative, @Why_Me ?

I put here the full list again, just as a reminder:

(I know, by now you might actually be thinking "Why me?!" But I am getting there.... promise!)

Reactions: NewbieD

TRENDING THREADS