Overheating problem

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi, my laptop is so hot when i run it. I have 50-70 celsius only using opera. I bought it from somebody, it haved a lot of dus, i cleaned it but is doesn't cooling. I ordered a termal paste, is coming Friday. If i buy a good cooling pad is gonna help? I'm looking for fans to replace them but i only finded some from China and i get them so late

50-70 on more or less idle is not a good temperature.

Replacing thermal paste is a common DIY procedure, and relatively straightforward, with multiple guides available online.

The OP is talking about a laptop, not a desktop PC case >.<

Last edited:
I"m a newbie here. Though I don't face this kind of issue yet. But I would like to know which temperature is better?
Make a new topic with your system spec to discuss temperatures. There's no single 'perfect temperature' for all systems. It depends what you have - and instead of piggybacking onto this topic, best make your own

Hi, my laptop is so hot when i run it. I have 50-70 celsius only using opera. I bought it from somebody, it haved a lot of dus, i cleaned it but is doesn't cooling. I ordered a termal paste, is coming Friday. If i buy a good cooling pad is gonna help? I'm looking for fans to replace them but i only finded some from China and i get them so late

Definitely do the thermal paste, but those temperatures are not too unusual for gaming laptops. I've been using gaming laptops for many years--I think I've had 8 personally, and my family has probably had 20 or so total--and about half of them stayed at those temps as a minimum. You didn't mention how hot it got when you played a game, though.

If it's uncomfortable to use, that's a big problem. If the heat is radiating up through the keyboard then it's just a really poorly designed laptop. The thermal paste will help, but it's probably not going to change where the heat is going (it actually could depending on what the problem is, though). If the thermal paste doesn't get the temperature low enough to be comfortable, external fans of some sort may be your only hope. (you sounded like you didn't want to put better fans in your laptop. that would actually be much better than external fans, though, so you should consider it)

There are laptop coolers you can use if you are actually using a desk. Whether a cooling pad is going to work or not depends on what the bottom of your laptop looks like. If there's a lot of vent space, then cooling pads will work great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts