CPU over heating problem???

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi all. I’ll try to make this short… I was gaming and noticed my fan connected to my radiator for cooling started to make a vibration noise. Eventually it quit working all together, noticed due to the PC overheating (while gaming my frames dropped from an average 170 to 45, then PC **** down)”. I replaced the fan and replaced thermal paste since I had to take the cooler off to effectively replace the fan. Since doing this, the PC still overheats. It will reach 215-220F before ultimately shutting down past those temps. The PC runs fine up until it begins to overheat. I ended up adding an extra fan as well directly above the CPU and still having overheating issues. Upon turning on the PC, it will reach temps around 190-210F with nothing really taxing running. Any thoughts on what I should replace next? Should I try the whole cooler? Or maybe the PSU? I believe the PSU is on the low end..

Specs:
Auros b450 pro wifi
Ryzen 5
Rex 3070
NZXT kraken cpu cooler
PSU is bronze, not sure on total specs of that

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
what size is the Kraken? what one? there are a few different ones, all have a number with an x or z in front. How old is it?

what case do you have?
how many fans in it?

Which Ryzen 5 is it?
Cooler: Kraken M22
Case: NZXT H510 White
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 6 Core 3.7GHz
Fans: 4 fans total excluding GPU
PC age: 2 years 8 months
PSU 600W Bronze

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS