Question Old steering wheel isn't supported anymore.

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Hello, guys!

Some days ago I found my old steering wheel(Logitech Formula Force EX) which I used to play on as a kid a lot and wanted to try it out one more time. When I connected it to my PC I realized that its force feedback won't work and most of the new games won't even detect it. I was wondering if there was a way to make my computer think that it is a different wheel. An app or some sort of drivers like SCP which makes your computer think your Dualshock 3 is an Xbox 360 controller. I'm looking forward to your replies and I hope I can find some help here.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Is it younger or older than a Logitech Momo? I had troubles with that one too because it was too old for the G-Hub software from Logitech. I had real trouble finding the software that you're supposed to be using with that wheel because even the official site didn't show that download anymore.

I just really don't know anymore where I found these drivers unfortunately.

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Is it younger or older than a Logitech Momo? I had troubles with that one too because it was too old for the G-Hub software from Logitech. I had real trouble finding the software that you're supposed to be using with that wheel because even the official site didn't show that download anymore.

I just really don't know anymore where I found these drivers unfortunately.
It looks quite newer than the MOMO. However I couldn't find the exact release dates and cannot tell you for sure. If you happen to find that software that you have used, I would be glad if you sent it here.

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I don't know if you've already tried this, but logitech has a software download for that wheel:

I tried downloading it but no luck whatsoever. I wondered if there was a bust inside the wheel which prevented the force feedback from working and got it to a technician but he found nothing inside to be broken. I have looked for those drivers before but couldn't find them so although they didn't work I thank you for removing one option from the list.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I think it was the software @Alm posted that I used too, I just had troubles finding it.
Also, just double checking, are all cables plugged in correctly? The FF motor won't work properly if the cable isn't fully plugged in (it will feel weaker or off). Assuming you do have a LED indicating you have power, are they bright green? My Momo had 2 leds, 1 that it was recognized by the PC, 2nd one was for the FF monitor. My G29 currently only has one led th ough, but still that one is glowing bright.

I looked it up, your wheel is from 2005 while mine was from 2008.

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I think it was the software @Alm posted that I used too, I just had troubles finding it.
Also, just double checking, are all cables plugged in correctly? The FF motor won't work properly if the cable isn't fully plugged in (it will feel weaker or off). Assuming you do have a LED indicating you have power, are they bright green? My Momo had 2 leds, 1 that it was recognized by the PC, 2nd one was for the FF monitor. My G29 currently only has one led th ough, but still that one is glowing bright.

I looked it up, your wheel is from 2005 while mine was from 2008.
I checked all the cables and the LED does not even light up. I guess the problem is coming from inside as neither my pc(I tried using Windows 7 to see if it was compatible but still no success) even my PS3 console couldn't make it work. It is really old so I really don't know who is going to want to check and try to repair it. Now I'll try to see if there are any problems with the charger that is connected to the power output.

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys, I want to make an update.

I found an app that can do the thing I wanted and it's called Emuwheel. It maps your racing wheel to a custom wheel set up and newer games are able to recognize it. I have only tried it with Forza Horizon 4 though and I am not sure if it will work on other games but it's worth a try. Here's a link:

However the force feedback still does not work and the LED doesn't light up when the wheel is connected so now I'll try to open it and look for a thing that might be broken and causing the problem. Thank you guys for the replies and the support!

Reactions: Alm

TRENDING THREADS