NextFest October 2024--Discuss the festivities (and the demos) here.

So here we are again. It's demo time.

The first one I'm going to try are:

Reactions: Brian Boru
Took a quick glance and there are some games i want to demo. I already tried 420 Blaze It 2 GOTY Edition and i gotta admit, its got some good FPS goodness in it if you can get past being drenched in memes, bright colors and soundbites from 4chan.

I was looking at Mech Wars Online Robot Battles and... i just want a Mechwarrior 3050 game, i like mech fighting and Titanfall is an amazing game, but there hasnt been any iteration of mechs im interested in, Mechwarrior 5 was ok, but give me a Mechwarrior 3050.

Reactions: ZedClampet
So far i found 2 FPS games that sort of have that medieval darksouls vibes.

The first is Mohrta

The second is unbroken. Looks like a bloodbourne style game. No idea the quality

Still looking for my simulator interactive fiction like hypnospace outlaw style.

Reactions: ZedClampet
Art Shop Simulator (linked in OP) is pretty fun, but a little primitive. There was a whole list of differences between the demo and the full release, so maybe some of these things are going to be addressed.

Basically, you run an art gallery. You can paint pictures and maybe buy them for resale (in the full version). I think you can even hire an artist. All I could do in the demo was paint the pictures myself. It's not exactly an art program. Very basic. You pick a color and the size of the brush and start painting. As with real painting, if you mess up, your only choice is to paint over the mistake (or you could just hit the button to start over if you hadn't gotten very far). Once done, you decide how many copies of the painting to have made, and they arrive in a box for you to then place on display.

The value of the painting depends upon how much time you spent painting it and how many different colors you used. However, it valued my first painting at $4300.00 (euros, actually) and my first customer looked at it and said that she liked it, but she only had $200.00. Most of the customers don't even have that much, so I ended up making my paintings cost $129 and down, regardless of what the game said they were worth. It may be that your customers will have more money the higher your prestige goes. Not sure.

My biggest complaint with the game is that the computer in the office is nearly impossible to use on my laptop. You just walk up to it, as close as you can get, and start using it. It doesn't expand to fit your screen or anything, and it's just way too small.

My first painting was of a phone, since that's what people seem to like looking at, but I started getting more elaborate the more I played. Had a good time.

TRENDING THREADS