Question NEW TO PC PLEASE HELP!!!

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

i picked up a gaming computer this weekend which was a little out dated specs are

mother board: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

cpu: AMD FX 6120

ram: 8 gb

1 tb hd

i installed a geforce 1660 super.

and a new 750 w power supply

im trying to play escape from tarkov and game still takes forever and is super laggy any andive would be helpful.

very new to pc gaming so i dont know a whole lot on what i should use or what i need to upgrade.

Is there any way you could return that for a refund? Undoing whatever changes you made to it.

FX series CPUs are really, really not worth spending money on these days. To upgrade the CPU you'd need a new motherboard and new RAM. You've already replaced the PSU and replaced/added a GPU. That leaves the case, which could be poor, and the HDD, which you might want to supplement with an SSD anyway.

By then you'd have replaced or upgraded the entire PC... If you buy a PC and then immediately replace parts, it usually means you bought the wrong PC. Nevermind replacing the whole thing piece by piece.

Therefore if you can get rid of it and get the money back, it's probably for the best.

If you're genuinely stuck with it, I'd start with trying free methods before sinking any more money into the system.

First up is probably a clean install of Windows. Are you using Windows? Which version? Is this your own version or did it come installed with the PC? Do you have the licence key for it?

Reactions: Ryzengang
Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
I can't return it it was a old computer shop and he gave me everything including headset monitor etc for 300$.

all I know is its windows 10 it was installed when I got it.

literally only game I want to try is escape from tarkov I'm just trying to see if I will even be able to get used to mouse and keyboard before I spend 1k.

been a long time xbox player

literally only game I want to try is escape from tarkov I'm just trying to see if I will even be able to get used to mouse and keyboard before I spend 1k.
I don't understand what you are saying here - are you actually intending to spend $1000 on upgrades..? Sorry, I don't follow.

I can't return it it was a old computer shop and he gave me everything including headset monitor etc for 300$.
That still sounds like a rip off to be honest. I'd still try taking it back for a refund.

all I know is its windows 10 it was installed when I got it.
Reinstalling Windows is probably the first thing to try. Anyone can download and install Windows 10 for free. However to make sure Windows activates itself with Microsoft's servers you need to have a licence for Windows.

But before messing around with that, try returning the PC for a refund. Say it doesn't work - which it doesn't if it won't run Tarkov despite exceeding the minimum requirements.

The best thing you can do is try to get those $300 back.

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
just called he said he cannot do a return... guess i've learned my lesson.

I don't understand what you are saying here - are you actually intending to spend $1000 on upgrades..? Sorry, I don't follow.

Im saying i wanted to try to play as cheap as possible to see if i even like it before i spend 1k on a new more improved system.

Just because he says "Nah, dun wanna" doesn't necessarily mean he can actually refuse.

Depends on what the consumer laws are in your country.

In the UK you could ask the Citizens Advice Bureau, but I don't know what the deal is in the USA or wherever you are. But I'd suggest trying to make your problem become his problem, and exercising your rights as far as they extend.

Im saying i wanted to try to play as cheap as possible to see if i even like it before i spend 1k on a new more improved system.
The catch is that you've spent $300 (plus whatever you spent on the GPU and PSU) basically to get a "trial" for PC gaming. And the trial sucks anyway because your system performs very badly.

There are other ways to to try out PC gaming - like a game streaming service. You can apparently play Tarkov on Shadow for instance which is like $12 per month.

There are things you can try to improve performance with that system, but I've got mixed feelings about suggesting them when head and shoulders the best thing to try is to start over with your cash back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts