Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm trying to navigate a new Gaming PC purchese and the specs are somewhat confusing to a newbie like me so I thought I would ask some experts.

As a background, I want to record Gameplay videos with this machine and maybe consider Streaming in the future. I also want to do some PC gaming as well.

Would this machine run something like Total War Warhammer 2 on the highest settings and record it at the same time?

Here is the PC I am considering:

Operating System - Windows 10 Home
Processor - Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Processor
Video Card - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6GB
Memory - 16GB DDR4-3200 G.SKILL Memory
Motherboard - ASUS Prime X299-A II MB
Storage - 1TB HDD

I am looking at a PC from IBuyPower and I would post a link to the PC I'm looking at but idk if I would get in trouble for it. Thanks for any advice guys! :D

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Its fine to post links to trusted websites.

I am not familiar with Intel so I can't say much about the motherboard but to me the combo cpu / gpu seems a bit unbalanced. I think you may do better with going for an i7 or a Ryzen 7 and go for a better videocard. But then I'd advice waiting till AMD and Nvidia officially release their new cpus and gpus later this year.

Also id strongly recommend to get an SSD over an HDD for faster boots.

Don't buy this! :)

First of all, if you were buying Intel, you would want the i9 10900k (not x) on the Z490 motherboards, not the 10900x on the X299 motherboards.

However, you should also consider something like the AMD R9 3900x on an X570 motherboard, or even B450 or B550.

The GTX 1660 ti is generally poor value, being more or less superseded by the GTX 1660 Super offering almost identical performance for a lower price.

How are you expecting to record game videos? Using the GPU's recording software? In which case the CPU is not so important, but having a decent GPU (to play the game on highest settings and soak the albeit modest framerate hit) is important. The CPU would be more important for streaming, if you stream on the CPU.

What resolution and refresh rate are you gaming at? This seems like an expensive setup for 1080p 60hz.

And for gameplay recording and video editing, you will want more than 1 SSD most likely.

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Oh ok, interesting. I was more or less planning on 1920x1080 at 60hz but I’ve considered going a 1440 route instead. I have Gaming recording hardware already that is pretty dated but will be upgrading in the future.

Based on the feedback I’ve been getting on the multiple sites I’ve posted this question in, this prebuilt model I was looking at isn’t that well put together. I think I will take what I’ve learned and have one built from scratch.

As far as the expense question, I used to have a Alienware laptop that I had been using for my recording for about 2 years and although it was my first actual higher (Ish lol) gaming computer, it always just struggled to like exist is what it felt like. I really wanted something that could really blow whatever I wanted to do with it out of the water.

Weather it be recording, streaming, gaming with great settings, etc.

Thanks so much again!

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Ok, after putting together a new setup here is the new one that i am looking at.

Operating System - Windows 10 Home
Processor - Intel® Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200
Video Card - GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
Memory - 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
Motherboard - ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe + WiFi 6 Intel 201AX
Storage - 240GB WD Green SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)

This one seemed more cost effeciant, was cheaper than the other for starters and was on Cyberpower instead. Thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS