New built - £1500 Future-proof Gaming PC

Aug 28, 2021
Visit site
Hello world,
I am looking for some recommendations to build a durable gaming PC and I hope you can help me sort it out!

By saying future-proof I intend that I would like to invest more on the main pieces (I assume Motherboard and Graphic card?) to then upgrade the rest in the future if needed.

I would like to play AAA games of tomorrow, eventually, even in 4k (mid-high settings), I hope the budget allows that.
  • Budget: up to £2000 but I'd like to stay around £1500
  • Approximate Purchase Date: September-beginning of October
  • Use Case: Gaming
  • Are you buying a monitor:No
  • Your Monitor Resolution and desired frame rate: 4k
  • Parts Preferences: I guess AMD would be cheaper without compromising quality,NVIDIA graphic card (I was aiming for a 3080 -probably the best quality/price for my goal)
  • Additional Comments: I like RGB stuff and transparent cases.
  • Shop preference: No preference, whenever I can find the graphic card.
I guess it's worth saying that I would also use it for running the Adobe Suite and maybe learn to use 3D software but I guess the hardware would be the same, working with it wouldn't be my first goal.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Aug 28, 2021
Visit site
Probably I could get a cheaper GPU downscaling to 3k? Something like a 3070, relying on the DLSS power?

My only concern why I wanted to buy a good GPU right now is that you can only buy top gamma GPU when you buy all the pieces online, otherwise, as you know it's almost impossible to buy them on their own.

Probably I could get a cheaper GPU downscaling to 3k? Something like a 3070, relying on the DLSS power?

My only concern why I wanted to buy a good GPU right now is that you can only buy top gamma GPU when you buy all the pieces online, otherwise, as you know it's almost impossible to buy them on their own.
My thoughts on gaming at 4K with the hit people take in regards to FPS is they might as well save themselves some money and game with a console on a TV. 1440P gives you a beautiful picture and you can still achieve decent FPS.

Try Pricespy. Type in RTX 3070 or RTX 3070 Ti for example in the search bar.

Last edited: