Need help

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Can anyone help me I just purchased a mouse and keyboard for my ps4 it’s my first step towards pc but I’m struggling very hard my fingers don’t do what I want them to if this makes any sense what’s the best way to practice?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Just keep practicing. I guess this must be similar feeling I had when i first bought a gamepad. I couldn't do the simplest thing at all and getting used to how to even control the camera took me hours. And a lot of silly deaths in Dark Souls.

tl;dr - press and tap until it's done!

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Just keep practicing. I guess this must be similar feeling I had when i first bought a gamepad. I couldn't do the simplest thing at all and getting used to how to even control the camera took me hours. And a lot of silly deaths in Dark Souls.

tl;dr - press and tap until it's done!
Lol it’s just frustrating

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Which games are you playing? I guess it's really second nature to most of us, but there was a time when you only had keyboard input, and most old school gamers had to learn how to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard at some point. I guess this is how I would explain the transition.

You're used to using your thumbs, one for each movement. Luckily, like on gamepads, the left is still movement and the right is still looking. But on a M+K you're primarily using your index and middle fingers. Don't think of the mouse like a trigger guard, think of it like a magnifying glass on top of a map. You're moving the mouse on one plane - the table surface. The pointer on the screen (or aiming dot) moves around one plane - a circle around your body. Like you're inside a soda can.

Don't even worry about strafing if you're having trouble learning. That way you can focus on moving foward with W, or backward with S, with just your middle finger. Eventually you'll learn to sidestep and strafe, and then sooner or later you'll learn how to pie corners with a mouse just as effectively as you did with a controller.

You do pie your corners, right? If you practice doing that as well it should definitely help.

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Which games are you playing? I guess it's really second nature to most of us, but there was a time when you only had keyboard input, and most old school gamers had to learn how to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard at some point. I guess this is how I would explain the transition.

You're used to using your thumbs, one for each movement. Luckily, like on gamepads, the left is still movement and the right is still looking. But on a M+K you're primarily using your index and middle fingers. Don't think of the mouse like a trigger guard, think of it like a magnifying glass on top of a map. You're moving the mouse on one plane - the table surface. The pointer on the screen (or aiming dot) moves around one plane - a circle around your body. Like you're inside a soda can.

Don't even worry about strafing if you're having trouble learning. That way you can focus on moving foward with W, or backward with S, with just your middle finger. Eventually you'll learn to sidestep and strafe, and then sooner or later you'll learn how to pie corners with a mouse just as effectively as you did with a controller.

You do pie your corners, right? If you practice doing that as well it should definitely help.
All I play is call of duty what does pie corners mean

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
All I play is call of duty what does pie corners mean

Look it up, it’s a Close Quarters Combat tactic. Basically, when you go around a corner, you should take it in “slices,” keeping your aim ahead of each slice so you can clear a corner in sections. This allows you to observe, orient, decide and act as you go around a corner, instead of just rushing through it right towards a threat.

Or, you could practice keeping your aim on one spot while you strafe around it in a circle.

Another tactical rule: Never follow a threat around a corner.

TRENDING THREADS