Question Need Help Choosing Motherboard for New High End Intel Build

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
Noob here so forgive me if things aren't in the correct format. Looking for advice on which motherboard to get for a new high end build I'm doing. Not really on a budget for this so feel free to recommend expensive stuff. Currently have 2 parts.

Intel i9 12th gen 12900KF
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12GB GDDR6X

I would have sprung for the 3090 but things sell out fast these days and just had to get what I could, not that it's that big of a difference anyway. This setup will be for 4k gaming and also streaming to some extent. I know some of this stuff is likely overkill but I don't really care about that. Just wanting to build something cool and have fun doing it.

The 2 motherboards I'm looking at and can't really decide between the 2 or if I should be looking at something else are:

ASUS Maximus Z690 Extreme
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Extreme

Opinions? Recommendations?

Oct 18, 2023
Visit site
I would also bet on the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME, not least because it has numerous M. 2 and USB connectors, allowing you to take advantage of the fastest memory available. In addition, you get LAN and WiFi connectivity for a satisfying connection speed. This is complemented by the stylish Aura Sync backlighting and the AniMe Matrix LED matrix, which offer full customisation options.

TRENDING THREADS