Need advice for first Gaming Laptop

Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
I'm new to everything, I do not know the difference between this graphic card or the next, what the numbers on this display means or that one or why you need multiple different types of storage for different parts of the computer.
That being said, my brother helped me build the Origin Evo17-s on the website so I could get a price to put this into perspective for myself. I picked Origin because I liked the way Alienware looked but my bro said the original Alienware builders are now called Origin so... idk...
So for $3,400 and some change... my bro recommended:
  • 4K Adobe 100% RTX 3070 display
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2666Hz
  • OS Drive: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
  • Storage Drive: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2
Standard Options include:
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card
  • Intel Core i7-11800H 8-core processor
  • Capable of reaching up to 4.6 GHz on a single core (No idea what this means at all)
Also comes with wireless headset and mouse but focusing on the PC only, he said this would probably be good for 5-7 years without needing upgrades. Is it worth the $3,400 for someone who is not a hardcore gamer and just looking to kill time playing Age of Empires or something? I like FPS games but have never played them on a computer so I do not know what I need. Thank you in advance.

my bro said the original Alienware builders are now called Origin
Bro is correct, Alienware guys left the company soon after Dell took it over, and they founded Origin. Corsair then took Origin over a couple of years ago.

I'm new to everything
The first question is, do you need the mobility a laptop provides?
If not, then a desktop will be considerably better for you.

Reactions: Withywarlock
Nov 20, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I'm doing the same, only I've taken the advice given on this forum and decided to just start saving up for a desktop for gaming. This is because my laptop is new, but kinda limited as far as upgrades go. I am now playing World of Tanks Blitz and Apex Legends on it just fine. But I need something more powerful for Flight Sims, etc. Did you use the Origin website for this? Looks like something I might wanna check out. Does anyone know if their prices are reasonable compared to other sites?

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS