My new pc got slower and i dont know what to do next

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Radeon settings... why not use Radeon Chill? You can set max & minimum frame rates. I have mine set so max is 143 & minimum is 141. Sure, its not 700 but as screen is max of 144, whats point going faster? Can just cause screen tearing.
They caused me problems early on so I dont use any of them anymore and havent missed it. I just use Vsync with Freesync on mostly, sometimes I cap the frames lower than max refresh if its a strategy game or whatever, same result and no CTD issues.

100% no two PC are exactly the same. Even with an image installed

CPU: R5 5500
MB: Asrock B450 Pro4 R2.0
GPU: ASRock RX 6600 Challenger D
RAM: 16gb Kingston KF3600C17D4/8GX
SSD: Lexar NM620 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen3
PSU: ??

you probably on latest BIOS, its hard to tell as Asrock have changed BIOS numbering system - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4 R2.0/index.asp#BIOSWhat speed is ram set to in BIOS?

If a reinstall didn't fix problem, it might be hardware.

Selling an entire PC to fix the problem seems excessive to me. Its literally replacing every part because its "easier" than figuring out cause. I seen people replace everything in PC and still have problems... unlikely as that would seem.

Good point, could try lowering RAM to 3200 or whatever JEDEC is and see if its a RAM issue. PSU is likely a bad one too, so might have something to do with it.

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
100% no two PC are exactly the same. Even with an image installed

CPU: R5 5500
MB: Asrock B450 Pro4 R2.0
GPU: ASRock RX 6600 Challenger D
RAM: 16gb Kingston KF3600C17D4/8GX
SSD: Lexar NM620 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen3
PSU: ??

you probably on latest BIOS, its hard to tell as Asrock have changed BIOS numbering system - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Pro4 R2.0/index.asp#BIOS

Radeon settings... why not use Radeon Chill? You can set max & minimum frame rates. I have mine set so max is 143 & minimum is 141. Sure, its not 700 but as screen is max of 144, whats point going faster? Can just cause screen tearing.

What speed is ram set to in BIOS?
If a reinstall didn't fix problem, it might be hardware.

Selling an entire PC to fix the problem seems excessive to me. Its literally replacing every part because its "easier" than figuring out cause. I seen people replace everything in PC and still have problems... unlikely as that would seem.
what i dont like is i want to have my real pc performance, not lower.

Imagine you have ferrari and you go with 90 kmh max, you wouldnt like it! :3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts