My new pc got slower and i dont know what to do next

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I just bought my system 3 months ago from a website that provides well built gaming pcs.

What i am playing is simple games like, CS Fifa LOL, but lately i realised that i was getting low FPS on games and i was getting FPS drops. And its getting worst after some minutes, so i wanted to check if temperature is ok but its always ok. its arround 60-40 degrees. its not only about gaming, when i search in google i feel that it got slower.

I decided to format my OS and download new one and install it, well i did it but my pc is still slow.

I changed the electric socket already, i dont know what option i can do expect going to pc service, can you please help me guys ? i dont want to spend time and money on service i am student please give me ideas so i can fix it by myself :/

Reactions: neogunhero
Welcome to the forum :)

One of our hardware experts will comment shortly, but in the meantime:

lately i realised
Are you saying it was faster during the first couple of months after you got it, and the slowness only appeared during the last week/month?

You need to check what software is starting when you boot Windows. In Task manager's Startup tab, look at the 'Enabled' items in the Status culumn. Disable any programs you don't know you need—if something breaks, enable it again.

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
Yes, my pc just got slower lately. I think it has been 1 week.

It was working so efficent in last 3 months.

Its not about startup applications, i formatted tho and my pc was clean,i run the game again and fps was the same.

I think i have something about hardware, but not sure.

Okay thank you :)

Before i try to help you i looked at the website after translating it to english and i am alarmed at how they describe the pc. They use the words powerful , high speed , high clocked , also a 1tb ssd is small by todays standards and wont take you long to fill it up. I note the windows 11 is a trial version so you will soon have to spend some more money. On a personal note i have never seen a pc advertised as having a trial version of windows.

My first thoughts are that these people are " bigging up " the machine to make it sound better than it is , its a bit like a model plane maker saying the plane has a huge 5 foot wing ... well thats wrong !!!! 5 foot is 5 foot end of !

Did your pc come with any pre installed unwanted rubbish.
Look in start menu , msconfig , untick all the boxes except anti virus and realtek sound card entries.
Go to add/remove and uninstall any software you dont want or dont recognise , you could have some free junk running that you dont know about

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
Hi mjs,

Well my windows is not lincesed, and i dont think the problem is about that,

For start menu thing i am so sure there is nothing can make my pc slower from there, first i tought there is something about windows so i format my pc, its not about my windows or startup applications, i think its all about hardware.

Regards

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
My first thoughts are that these people are " bigging up " the machine to make it sound better than it is , its a bit like a model plane maker saying the plane has a huge 5 foot wing ... well thats wrong !!!! 5 foot is 5 foot end of !
I totally agree with you ! But they gave a good price :D

If you think its hardware related look in reliability monitor and google any error codes or reports.
In device manager look for any yellow triangles next to anything.
The more information you can give the more we can help.
Download malwarebytes and see if it picks up anything , if it does do quarantine and then repeat the scan as infections dont all get deleted on first scan.

Reactions: Brian Boru
i looked at windows reliability screen shoot and translated the words on the red x , the translation is ...
windows failed to shut down correctly , have you had to press the power button to turn pc off.

Are you running steam games client , if you are you should close the interface with the top left word STEAM and exit. The top right tab does not shut it down properly.

I think you should contact the pc supplier and arrange for it to be collected and examined.

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
Yes i needed to turn off my pc by using power button, i had to be quick, i was in my neighbour home to try their socket :D

Yes i am mailing them right now

I agree with colif i suspect the ssd to be either faulty or very poor quality as i found it for sale online for as little as £20 and a pc builder would be able to buy them in bulk even cheaper.

Compare your ssd with say a western digital one of the same capacity , the western digital is £115

Aug 14, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

I just bought my system 3 months ago from a website that provides well built gaming pcs.

What i am playing is simple games like, CS Fifa LOL, but lately i realised that i was getting low FPS on games and i was getting FPS drops. And its getting worst after some minutes, so i wanted to check if temperature is ok but its always ok. its arround 60-40 degrees. its not only about gaming, when i search in google i feel that it got slower.

I decided to format my OS and download new one and install it, well i did it but my pc is still slow.

I changed the electric socket already, i dont know what option i can do expect going to pc service, can you please help me guys ? i dont want to spend time and money on service i am student please give me ideas so i can fix it by myself :/
t's frustrating to experience performance issues on your gaming PC. Since you've already tried temperature monitoring and reformatting, consider these steps:

Driver Update: Ensure your graphics and chipset drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause performance problems.

Background Apps: Close unnecessary background applications that might be using system resources.

Malware Scan: Run a thorough malware scan to rule out any potential infections affecting your system's performance.

Power Settings: Make sure your power settings are set to high performance mode to maximize PC performance.

RAM Check: Verify your RAM is functioning correctly by running a memory diagnostic test.

Disk Cleanup: Perform disk cleanup and defragmentation to optimize storage.

If these steps don't help, it might be worth reaching out to the seller's customer support for assistance before considering a service center.

• Haha
Disk Cleanup: Perform disk cleanup and defragmentation to optimize storage.
not ideal to run defrag on nvme. But then windows defrag smart enough to know what an nvme is now and would only run trim. No need really as its an automatic process.

Windows runs defrag on one part of the nvme once a month, if system restore is turned on. But generally it knows better than to run on a nvme.

could try downloading the latest chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450
you don't need stormi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts