Most anticipated future Battle Royale Games?

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
The BR genre has slowed down a bit in 2019. I haven't heard much about upcoming battle royale games, but im sure there are some good ones on the horizon.

Anyone know any upcoming BR games with good potential?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
I preordered Fall Guys, looking forward to messing around with it tonight and I figure the concept and controls will be casual enough for my wife to enjoy.

I really like Warzone right now but honestly one of the most beautiful and fun BRs I've ever played was Battlefield V Firestorm. I think they did a great job with all the unique mechanics, however they did not release it F2P which killed it. In the future it's looking like releasing F2P will be the best way to ensure the playerbase stays high.

Reactions: Frindis
May 2, 2020
Visit site
I wasn't that into BR games but I'm very burnt out on them. They need some heavy innovation. I've wanted a mech-based BR game for a while now but I don't even think one is in production. Where you start out in mechs and have to collect parts instead of weapons. It would, in practice, be almost like a mech based deathmatch, but with the addition of starting with nothing and scavenging. It seems like it could be fun, at least in my head.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
I wasn't that into BR games but I'm very burnt out on them. They need some heavy innovation. I've wanted a mech-based BR game for a while now but I don't even think one is in production. Where you start out in mechs and have to collect parts instead of weapons. It would, in practice, be almost like a mech based deathmatch, but with the addition of starting with nothing and scavenging. It seems like it could be fun, at least in my head.

Interesting idea for sure. I think a mech battle royale would be amazing, but also would benefit in a survival-looter-shooter set of game mechanics. Picture something more like Hunt: Showdown or Escape from Tarkov. You have a loadout, you have objectives in a map, but you know there's NPCs and a dozen or so other mechs entering the map with you. You get your objectives done, and you get to the extract. You repair and salvage after each round and if you get cored or if your pilot's killed you lose that mech and its loadout.

TRENDING THREADS