Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Info!

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello fellow pilots! As the title suggests, Microsoft Flight Simulator is scheduled to release on August 20 this year! There will be three initial versions of the sim from Standard, to Deluxe and to Premium with the standard costing $59.99, Deluxe at 89.99 and Premium at $119.99. The Standard version will include 30 airports and 20 aircraft while the Deluxe will include 35 airports and 25 aircraft. The Premium Edition will include a total of 40 airports and 30 aircraft and that is just at release. No doubt there will be plenty of DLC in the future as the sim acquires more funding from the market. It is unknown if Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Steam as only Xbox and Xbox Game Pass have been confirmed. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted here on PC Gamer when more information is released.

Information Source: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com...4020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I thought the same. That's how MS made it seem but I guess that would take up too much drive space and at this time its much easier to focus on quality over quantity. I'm sure the sim will acquire more airports and aircraft as time progresses.

I'll be grabbing the Premium Edition next month when my wallet recovers from F1 2020 . 🤣

Zloth

Community Contributor
Nah, they're all in the game. It's just that these have "hand crafted" elements.

Gave me a fright there! (I'm not sure why, I'm not really very interested in buying it. I think.)

P.S. Aspen, Telluride, and Denver!? Colorado got 3? The whole southern hemisphere only got 5 and I think a couple of those are pretty close to the equator!

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys. I am new here. Anyway, I have some questions about Microsoft Flight Simulator (The new 2020 version). I purchased the game through the Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 laptop, the Premium Deluxe version. The bundle contents include the game, digital ownership, Deluxe Upgrade, and Premium Deluxe Upgrade. I installed the base game, and digital ownership, it was around 20MB? Also, the Microsoft Store app said that both the Deluxe Upgrade and Premium Deluxe Upgrade "does not work on this device". Should I be worried? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
That's strange that it said it would not work on your device. As long as you bought the Base Game it should work with the other editions. The fact that Microsoft Store only downloaded 20MB is likely because the Store considers your game as an "App" and should download fully on release day.

Just out of curiosity, whats your laptop specs? Do you meet or exceed the minimum requirements to run Flight Simulator? That might have something to do with your problem. I could be wrong though.

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
That's strange that it said it would not work on your device. As long as you bought the Base Game it should work with the other editions. The fact that Microsoft Store only downloaded 20MB is likely because the Store considers your game as an "App" and should download fully on release day.

Just out of curiosity, whats your laptop specs? Do you meet or exceed the minimum requirements to run Flight Simulator? That might have something to do with your problem. I could be wrong though.

I have an MSI GT75 Titan Laptop. Here are specs:

- Windows 10 64-bit OS Home version, build 1909
- Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.20 GHz
- 32 GB RAM
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 with 8GB VRAM

Am not sure what is going on... Further thoughts and help appreciated :)

Normally edition upgrades don't need to be 'run', they should automatically apply when the game is launched.

It might just be a weird way of telling you that they can't be applied manually.

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys. I am new here. Anyway, I have some questions about Microsoft Flight Simulator (The new 2020 version). I purchased the game through the Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 laptop, the Premium Deluxe version. The bundle contents include the game, digital ownership, Deluxe Upgrade, and Premium Deluxe Upgrade. I installed the base game, and digital ownership, it was around 20MB? Also, the Microsoft Store app said that both the Deluxe Upgrade and Premium Deluxe Upgrade "does not work on this device". Should I be worried? Thoughts and help appreciated
I have the same message

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available on Steam! You can not purchase it at the moment but according to Steam's website FS2020 will be available on August 18th just like the Microsoft Store release.

Reactions: Alm

TRENDING THREADS