Question Memory management error

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site
I have this problem and i cant really use my pc. Its very unstable. It blue screen's randomly, at boot or in windows.
Im guessing is the ram, since im runing an ryzen5 2600, and ive heard first gen ryzen is very sesible when it comes to ram.
I have 16gb of exeleram kudos 3000mhz, msi a320m pro motherboard.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor

Creating bootable USB drive with memtest86 (instruction in link above), boot your PC from it and let it do it's thing for at least 2 full cycles (or whole night, preferably). If it freezes or shows anything in red then you have faulty RAM module.

If it's doesn't crash and keeps going after solid period of testing, you can assume it's not RAM and something else. For now try this method.

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site

Creating bootable USB drive with memtest86 (instruction in link above), boot your PC from it and let it do it's thing for at least 2 full cycles (or whole night, preferably). If it freezes or shows anything in red then you have faulty RAM module.

If it's doesn't crash and keeps going after solid period of testing, you can assume it's not RAM and something else. For now try this method.
I have 2 modules of 8gb and if i run only 1 of them its perfectly fine. Doesnt matter wich one, bouth work fine idividualy.
And i test them idividualy with the windows memory diagnostic tool and went fine all the way

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I have 2 modules of 8gb and if i run only 1 of them its perfectly fine. Doesnt matter wich one, bouth work fine idividualy.
And i test them idividualy with the windows memory diagnostic tool and went fine all the way
Did you try different slots in your motherboard?
Try cleaning (veeeeery gently!) the slots as even tiny amount of dust can lead to problematic behavior.

Also the Windows tool isn't really that good - memtest86 does it's thing outside of OS and is more reliable than well, any other tool out there.

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site
Try cleaning (veeeeery gently!) the slots as even tiny amount of dust can lead to problematic behavior.

Also the Windows tool isn't really that good - memtest86 does it's thing outside of OS and is more reliable than well, any other tool out there.
I will try that, and i will come back at you tomorow

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site

Ok so ive been at this for a while now.
Ive tested bouth of the modules idividualy and bouth work fine. And after i looked deeply into their specifications seems like one of them is runing at a lower voltage (1,20v and the other 1,36v) and has different timeings. They just didnt sync right. Ive had problems for a more then a month. Thanks for the help... i feel dumb

Reactions: OsaX Nymloth

TRENDING THREADS