May 2024 General Game Discussions

Page 9 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Everytime.

I just bought several new games and instead, I'm getting into ones I purchased awhile ago.
Funny thing is, it happened when I bought AoE4 last year. I played it a ton of Game Pass so when it went on sale I thought it was finally time to buy it, but I barely touched it until now because I started up Cyberpunk 2077 right after buying it lol. I purchase based off impulse which is terrible, but at least I normally buy games that I know I will get around to playing eventually.

Placing things perfectly gives you tiles back, so its one way to extend game length

you might like this, its very similar and easier to get to end

i played panorama demo during the steam next event. Pretty much identical to dorfromantik, but something about the game rubbed me the wrong way. Last night i took my time with the game and slowed it down trying to get as many perfect tiles and unsurprisingly i got slightly further and getting a high score.

@Johnway @Colif You guys probably know of Carcassonne on Steam—was my first thought when I first saw Dorfromantik. Carcassonne is one of the all-time great board games, and the digital version is pretty good.

i have the board game and it was free on steam. Will probably play the digital version and see what its like. Truth be told, board games aren't my thing. its usually play once or twice then ditch.

Like the bastard child of Mr. Clean and a Matador.

I believe thats the attaire of lucifer in one of the shin megami tensei games. Looked stupid then and my character can't make it look less stupid. I only wear it because it was too far useful and vastly superior to most of the stuff you could buy in the shop. I've been looking for alternate gear and so far nothing beats it. The other DLC costumes are better in other areas but its mostly resistance/reflect/absorb of other elements so i switch around once in a while for one fight. But its still a shame that there is little to no reason to switch for 80% of the time.

i have the board game and it was free on steam. Will probably play the digital version and see what its like. Truth be told, board games aren't my thing. its usually play once or twice then ditch.
we played this a lot as a kid
but i haven't played one in years. Digital versions included.

I looked at videos of the game Brian mentioned, i reminded me of a tower rush game that came out last year. But I see there is no combat in it.

I finished Panorama whereas I never seen end of Dorfromatik... I don't know if it has an end really. Mainly ends when you run out of tiles.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Everytime.

I just bought several new games and instead, I'm getting into ones I purchased awhile ago.

I almost did that with Slay the Spire when I decided to also download Pokémon Infinite Fusion. Luckily Slay the Spire is just much better. Maybe even a bit too good, I've been going to sleep after 1 am the last two days.

I haven't managed to beat the heart yet, but I did just beat the daily challenge, which was a lot of fun.

I was window shopping and bloody hell planet coaster is for a mere 1.49 this weekend. The DLC costs more then the base game...:

Received my eGPU today and it's pretty darned nice, I must say. Had a little bit of worry when I couldn't get it functioning correctly at first, but that was resolved by plugging it into the other USB-C/Thunderbolt port on my laptop.

After doing some testing, it's given me a nice boost in performance in synthetics and allows me to play Call to Arms - Gates of Hell: Ostfront at 50-60FPS, at my native resolution (2160x1350), whereas before I was getting something like 15-25 at 900p with integrated graphics. I won't bore anyone with the details, but this is across the board so far.

I don't want to oversell it, it's not amazing and it's not going to replace my desktop anytime soon, but gives me that little bit of extra oomph to run things better and will give me some options for multiplayer games with my friends when I'm traveling. Plus this thing functions as a dock, so I could run multiple monitors, use a wired network connection and has a couple of USB-A ports. I won't complain for the $180 I spent, as it really opens up some options for me.

Zloth

Community Contributor
...and I made it to the last one, Dracula, and that's the best I can do.
That sounds like a good topic.
Plus, once you've learned how to play, it can also be very fun to backstab your friends. Treachery is so much more fun against human players. There's nothing quite like secretly sleeping with your friend's wife amd indirectly giving him syphilis in Crusader Kings.
Remind me never to play Diplomacy with you! Oh, wait, if you were the type of person that would remind me, then you wouldn't be the type of person I wouldn't want to play Diplomacy with. Arg! OK, guess it's time to get yet another tattoo. ;)
I was window shopping and bloody hell planet coaster is for a mere 1.49 this weekend. The DLC costs more then the base game...:

That's my backlog game! I bought it years ago and still haven't even tried it out. I've kept it on my Favorites list all this time so I wouldn't forget about it, but I never feel like starting it.

May 23, 2024
Visit site
Placing things perfectly gives you tiles back, so its one way to extend game length

you might like this, its very similar and easier to get to end
This looks wicked cool. I love chill vibe games. My hands are too helmet special to play the dexterity required games haha. I'll have to check this one out.

Another chill vibe game that came out this month is One Inch Tactics, it's a strategy game but the music is good and it's kinda relaxing, I've played a few hours, I'm sure I'll go back to it.

Not sure how to show the Steam box https://store.steampowered.com/app/2743970/Oneinch_Tacticsthat looks all cool and stuff... total noob.

Last edited:
Not sure how to show the Steam box that looks all cool and stuff... total noob.
it took a while for us to work it out too.
Secret is to have the link on a line by itself, forums does the rest

This looks wicked cool. I love chill vibe games. My hands are too helmet special to play the dexterity required games haha. I'll have to check this one out.

Another chill vibe game that came out this month is One Inch Tactics, it's a strategy game but the music is good and it's kinda relaxing, I've played a few hours, I'm sure I'll go back to it.

One Inch Tactics on Steam

This is also a chill city builder and you can get it in a bundle with the other one:

Bought a bunch of modular asset packs on Humble. Has all sorts of cool things in it. Plan is to build a big, strange world and just wander around it. It's like having a really chill city builder.

Last edited:
Copied the original post to the demo thread.

I can't find anything I want to play really, which is rare for me. Been going through my backlog and nothing is really sticking.

I really want to be playing Hydroneer, but there just anything else in that game to do. It's very short on interesting content.

V Rising is done for me.

I'd like to play Arms Tycoon Tanks, but there's no tutorial yet, and I refuse to deal with it.

Last edited:
@ZedClampet I picked up Farm Sim 22 on Epic freebie, and I got Farm Sim 19 a while back from them too. If I want to give one a spin, I assume 22 is better?
Pretty much. The biggest difference in 22 is that it adds food processing factories (and other factories) you can place on your property. For instance, instead of just selling your wheat, you can use a factory to turn it into flour and then sell the flour for a higher price. You can turn cotton into cloth and then into clothing, etc. It basically adds a layer of strategy between harvesting and selling. Of course, you can still just sell your crops and skip this if you want to.

There are probably some QoL improvements in 22, too, but I'm having a hard time distinguishing one game from the next at this point. I've been playing them for a long time.

Personally, I thought the maps in 19 were a lot better, though, but there are tons of user made maps, including conversions of all the old official maps.

Don't forget to download about 700 mods :)

Last edited:
More AoE4 last night. Getting good with the Delhi Sultanates. The Mastery system is making me try out other civilizations. I was pretty much only playing English and Chinese because imo they seemed the easiest, so I’m trying to branch out more and try all the civilizations to see which I like the most. I still have a lot more to try out but the Delhi Sultanates have lots of unique features that I’m am enjoying. It’s a pretty different play style than playing as the English and that’s one thing I really like about the game. Each civilization has their own unique features, units, buildings, etc, so you need to learn what they can do and how to use it to your advantage. Some people call it imbalance but it balances out in the long run. Each civ plays totally different so there is always something new to learn and the Mastery system rewards you for learning their features. It gives you small achievements to complete in exchange for a small reward like a new portrait picture or banner, kind of insignificant but still something to work towards.

Also got on more Sea of Thieves with my girlfriend. We realized just how little money you truly make when playing on Safer Seas (private server) compared to High Seas (public). The same cursed skull sells for 250 gold on Safer Seas, but 5000 on High Seas. I don’t fully understand why they do this, the “true” experience is in the public servers, but it punishes people wanting to play completely alone quite severely. I think it’s because they don’t want people to grind out missions solo that are more difficult to complete when there are other people, but that shouldn’t really matter when the only things you unlock and can spend money on in game are purely cosmetic only. No new weapons, abilities, skills, anything, the only progression in the entire game is cosmetic stuff, so why punish private server players so harshly?

We have always played on a private server because we were afraid of people. One day I suggested we try high seas because of the money, and within 5 minutes of spawning in the island, a group of two players killed us because I picked up one guys cat. That proves our point to why we don’t want to play on a public server, but playing private we make a tiny fraction of the gold we could make in public. It kinda sucks but we just try to avoid other people as much as possible now.

We have also been discovering some bugs that are a bit baffling to say the least. For example, if you are fishing and there is even a few inches of ground between your feet and the water, your fish line will get caught on the ground and completely lose your fish no matter how long it took to reel it in. It’s so annoying and frustrating that I’ve given up on fishing and now only cook chicken or pork.

All these gripes aside, we did have a fun time knocking out a few treasure maps. We aren’t done with the Pirates of the Caribbean tall tale yet, might try to complete it this weekend.

One Inch Tactics on Steam

Looks cool! Looks almost like proper Tabletop Battletech. Definitely one I'll have to check out when I'm able.

Copied the original post to the demo thread.

I can't find anything I want to play really, which is rare for me. Been going through my backlog and nothing is really sticking.

I really want to be playing Hydroneer, but there just anything else in that game to do. It's very short on interesting content.

V Rising is done for me.

I'd like to play Arms Tycoon Tanks, but there's no tutorial yet, and I refuse to deal with it.

I've been eyeballing this one

The concept sounds cool, especially considering I'm burned out on the Treepunchers. If I wasn't completely broke from my recent purchase, I'd probably pick it up and give it a go.

Maybe I can convince my wife to buy it for me....

Also got on more Sea of Thieves with my girlfriend. We realized just how little money you truly make when playing on Safer Seas (private server) compared to High Seas (public). The same cursed skull sells for 250 gold on Safer Seas, but 5000 on High Seas. I don’t fully understand why they do this, the “true” experience is in the public servers, but it punishes people wanting to play completely alone quite severely. I think it’s because they don’t want people to grind out missions solo that are more difficult to complete when there are other people, but that shouldn’t really matter when the only things you unlock and can spend money on in game are purely cosmetic only. No new weapons, abilities, skills, anything, the only progression in the entire game is cosmetic stuff, so why punish private server players so harshly?

We have always played on a private server because we were afraid of people. One day I suggested we try high seas because of the money, and within 5 minutes of spawning in the island, a group of two players killed us because I picked up one guys cat. That proves our point to why we don’t want to play on a public server, but playing private we make a tiny fraction of the gold we could make in public. It kinda sucks but we just try to avoid other people as much as possible now.

Haven't tried it yet, but this would probably completely kill my interest in the game.

Haven't tried it yet, but this would probably completely kill my interest in the game.

I've played it for a little bit and the PvP seemed like the only interesting thing about the game. But then I didn't get around to playing any of the Tall Tales. I don't care about cosmetics, so that being the only thing you can spend gold on means I have no real motivation to get any and there isn't much else to do in the game.

I've played it for a little bit and the PvP seemed like the only interesting thing about the game. But then I didn't get around to playing any of the Tall Tales. I don't care about cosmetics, so that being the only thing you can spend gold on means I have no real motivation to get any and there isn't much else to do in the game.
Ah yup, that makes me even less likely to play it then. I also couldn't give a single **** about cosmetics.

Looks cool! Looks almost like proper Tabletop Battletech. Definitely one I'll have to check out when I'm able.

I've been eyeballing this one

The concept sounds cool, especially considering I'm burned out on the Treepunchers. If I wasn't completely broke from my recent purchase, I'd probably pick it up and give it a go.
Abiotic Factor is fun. One major tip for playing the game. When you first start your world, go into the options and set it so that resources respawn. If you don't do this, you have to play the game very fast or you run out of materials and can't make ammo anymore. Endlessly respawning enemies plus no ammo is kind of not fun.

Also, if you are going to play by yourself, you might want to make the game slightly easier, as it isn't balanced for one player.

That's my backlog game! I bought it years ago and still haven't even tried it out. I've kept it on my Favorites list all this time so I wouldn't forget about it, but I never feel like starting it.

i think t he complexity of it is going to take a while for me to get the best park ever. The more depressing thing is that i want 3 or 4 of the DLC to make my game complete. namely the adventure island, movie set, world tour and spooky horror theme stuff. But yeah , putting the cart before the horse. i should play the base game and decide whether i want to go deeper. Probably not, but who knows. Atm i'm just blitzing through indie game back log and completing as many games as possible.

This is also a chill city builder and you can get it in a bundle with the other one:

I'll keep an eye out on it. Concerning dorfromantik its addictive but there isn't really much to do beyond getting a high score. So i might shelve it as grinding something isn't really helping. I mean, no mountains, its all villages etc

May 13, 2024
Visit site
So I took today off to make it a 4-day weekend! I was gonna jump in first thing this morning and continue Dragon Age: Origins (first time playing). Yet here I am, it's already 11:15 am PDT and I'm on web forums lol.

Additionally, I also have a Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 that I'll be setting up today. Been sitting in the box for a month now as I haven't had the time to install it yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts