low fps and lag problem

Jul 3, 2024
Visit site
Hello, my acer nitro 5 player computer that I bought about 6 months ago has problems such as low fps and freezing lag in all games for the last 2 weeks, I have formatted 3 times and it has not helped anything, my computer specifications: rtx 3050 i5 12500h 8gb ddr 4 ram m2 ssd I asked my neighbor who deals with server setup and he told me that the ram is not enough, but 2 weeks ago the ram was enough, why is it not enough now?
ram test and ssd test and the result was good
Do I need to do a benchmark test?

Welcome to the forum :)

What kind of games? Single-player or online?

What's capacity and free space on the SSD?
Are you running Windows, which version?

problems … for the last 2 weeks

Can you think of anything which changed ~2 weeks ago shortly before the problems started—hardware or software or environment?

It's possible some resource hog got installed or enabled 2 weeks ago. Your neighbor has a point, if there's anything else significantly competing for RAM—8GB is low these days… but depends on your answer to first Q above.

Check your Startup apps and disable any you don't need starting at boot time—security app might be enough. Also check running apps before starting a game, in case some app starts itself after startup.

No harm doing a full malware scan, one local and one online, in case machine caught an infection.

Someone more knowledgeable should be along soon, they'll very likely want to know the make & model of the laptop.

Good luck!

Jul 2, 2024
Visit site
he told me that the ram is not enough, but 2 weeks ago the ram was enough, why is it not enough now?

I agree with that. These days, having 16-32 GB of RAM is essential, just like having an SSD.

To answer why this issue is happening to you now, there was already a reply above: check for free space, scan for malware, and review recently installed software.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello, my acer nitro 5 player computer that I bought about 6 months ago has problems such as low fps and freezing lag in all games for the last 2 weeks, I have formatted 3 times and it has not helped anything, my computer specifications: rtx 3050 i5 12500h 8gb ddr 4 ram m2 ssd I asked my neighbor who deals with server setup and he told me that the ram is not enough, but 2 weeks ago the ram was enough, why is it not enough now?
ram test and ssd test and the result was good
Do I need to do a benchmark test?
@Brian Boru and others who often come across these questions:

Given that this is a laptop, the most likely problem is that it isn't plugged in while playing games.

The default Windows setting for laptops is that they will only run at minimal power (like 5 percent) when unplugged. You have to go to the advanced power settings to change it.

This is not easy to do in Windows anymore. You have to go to your Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings

This will open up a little box on your screen. Go down to "Processor power management" and expand it. Change Minimum Processor State and Maximum Processor State to 100 percent or whatever is acceptable for the game you are playing. Higher numbers mean that your battery will die more quickly.

I've made a post about this topic if someone wants to pin it in the laptop section (if you think that's an appropriate thing to pin).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS