Looking to play something different than my usual genre. Suggestions for an RPG in my backlog.

Which of these did you have the most fun playing?

• Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Anniversary Edition

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For Honor.

• Lords of the Fallen.

• Dishonored: Definitive Edition.

• I have not played any of these.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Dec 5, 2023
Traditionally I am a shooter or hack and slash player, but I have been wanting to sink my teeth into an older, epic RPG...something without the main focus being guns; with magic and\or swordplay, something I can sink some REAL hours into. I don't want to buy anything new right now and I am steering away from Free to Play. I have the following in my backlog, I have never played any of these games. Cast your vote and let me know which one you would play and why, or what similar games you've enjoyed.

Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
I'm the 'played none' vote, altho I did try and bounce off Skyrim and Dishonored. The 2 our RPG Overlords here speak most highly of are Skyrim—especially if you fancy hundreds of mods—and Witcher 3.

I am a shooter … something without the main focus being guns

When you return to the shooter side, check out Far Cry Primal—set 10,000 years ago, so no guns there either. Beautiful world even by Ubi standards, and lots of fun :)

Reactions: Alm

Zloth

Community Contributor
Skyrim is special with all its mods. You can make it into lots of different things, but only IF you want to spend the time to do so.

Witcher 3 is the best RPG that I've ever played, though, so that's my vote. The combat is good, the graphics are nice, the music is excellent, and the stories are GREAT!

Oh, the graphics might be more than nice now, they did a big upgrade to them not long ago.

ZedClampet

Community Contributor
I'm not a big action RPG player. The only one in that list that I played was Witcher 3, and I loved it. I couldn't get into Skyrim or Dishonored.

Far Cry has really been an RPG since 4, though 6 got rid of most of the RPG elements. Not sure about Primal. Only played it a few minutes.

Alm

Jan 17, 2020
I liked Skyrim the most but I haven’t given much time to the Witcher. Also I played Skyrim when it was released so not too sure how it has aged but imagine it should still be enjoyable.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS