Looking to play something different than my usual genre. Suggestions for an RPG in my backlog.

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Which of these did you have the most fun playing?

• Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Anniversary Edition

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • For Honor.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lords of the Fallen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dishonored: Definitive Edition.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I have not played any of these.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

ElvenNeko

Registered Developer
Jul 6, 2024
Visit site
You should download Skyrim, but instead of playing it - download mod called Enderal (don't worry, it's free), preferably with Forgotten Stories edition (also free). It has dedicated steam page, i am not sure if i allowed to link it, but it's easy to find. You will have one of the best possible narrative experiences, with magic and swords, just as you wanted.

Jul 2, 2024
Visit site
It's quite odd that you included For Honor in this list since it's primarily an online PvP game. Nevertheless, I highly recommend giving it a try, especially with friends.

As for the rest, you might want to try the earlier installments of The Witcher series, though be prepared for very outdated gameplay.

Regarding Skyrim, I'm envious because most players have already had countless playthroughs. So, definitely go for it!

Reactions: Brian Boru
You should download Skyrim, but instead of playing it - download mod called Enderal (don't worry, it's free), preferably with Forgotten Stories edition (also free). It has dedicated steam page, i am not sure if i allowed to link it, but it's easy to find. You will have one of the best possible narrative experiences, with magic and swords, just as you wanted.
Respectfully, I think that a new player should play actual Skyrim before downloading a total conversion mod.

ElvenNeko

Registered Developer
Jul 6, 2024
Visit site
Respectfully, I think that a new player should play actual Skyrim before downloading a total conversion mod.
Does not really matter, since both games have their own ballance and neither are particually hard at the beginning. But while Skyrim is a completly forgettable experience in terms of storytelling, Enderal is something you will remember, almost every quest there has exceptionnaly good writing.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Finished the main story on Witcher 3 this weekend. Took me about 100 hours, but I did do a fair bit of side quests. I only took up a few contracts here and there. Seriously....epic experience, and I'm pretty sure I have barely scratched the surface. Gonna break from it for a while and go back for the expansions and contracts. This was a fabulous game, it lives in my favorites catalog now. Super replayable. HIGHLY recommended.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
It's quite odd that you included For Honor in this list since it's primarily an online PvP game. Nevertheless, I highly recommend giving it a try, especially with friends.

As for the rest, you might want to try the earlier installments of The Witcher series, though be prepared for very outdated gameplay.

Regarding Skyrim, I'm envious because most players have already had countless playthroughs. So, definitely go for it!

I've honestly never installed For Honor yet. It does say that there is a story campaign, but it could just be an afterthought if its primary draw is online play. Thanks for that bit of info, pretty sure I can cross that one off the backlog if its a live service\pvp type of deal. Not my thing.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 2, 2024
Visit site
I've honestly never installed For Honor yet. It does say that there is a story campaign, but it could just be an afterthought if its primary draw is online play. Thanks for that bit of info, pretty sure I can cross that one off the backlog if its a live service\pvp type of deal. Not my thing.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall a campaign in For Honor, nor do I remember there being a cool story. For me, FH has always been about sick duels along with friends. However, we should probably do a little fact-checking to see if it's actually there.

Edit: Yep, there is some sort of campaign in FH. However, it seems more like co-op missions rather than a full-fledged story.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts