looking for a war simulator game

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
i'm looking for a war simulator which I can control a country be its president and defend myself or attack other countries etc just like real wars
it doesn't have to be MOBA type games that the screen is from above like dota anything works for me but I just don't rlly like very old games
and yea any suggestions will be rlly appreciated

Hearts of Iron IV is basically a world war simulator.

Its a second world war era game, but there are mods for modern day if thats what youre after.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I'm a beginner in this genre so anything will be fine but I feel like normal RTS might make me get bored easily since it's gonna take a ton of time ?

In which case HOI IV might be a bit of a stretch for you, sorry should have picked up on this post. Its a pretty steep learning curve and will take a fair amount of time to learn, especially if you havent played much like it before.

I dont really know what would be a good choice for a beginner to 4x & Grand Strategy, maybe Civilization 6?

Well war simulator is kind of confusing. Civilization could fill that but I guess is not what you are looking.
Total War Games may be what you want. You control a, lets call it "state" (province, country, clan, depends on the game) and you'll be fighting other states in a map a making all kind of decisions and also have the actual battle that is played on real time.
My favorite is Shogun 2 (because weeb) but Empire and or Napoleon total war are very good.
total War Three Kingdoms is based on china. Haven't played it.
The newest one are the Total War Warhammer series (3 of them). Have heard great things about them but haven't played them either.
But all of these are not on modern era (and the warhammer is straight up fantasy).

If you want to control the politics side and the strategy in combat situation I can't think on anything better.

Heart of Iron has, as mentioned by others, an steep learning curve. Its a whats called a grand strategy game so you won't be controlling units like in a rts.
Similar to HoI, If you don't mind the middle ages, Crusader Kings 3 can be epic, nerve wrecking and hilarious at times. In it you roleplay a person, leader of a family/clan and make the decisions that will make the "defend myself or attack other countries etc " you describe. Also, your counselors may not like you and throw you in jail, so there is that.

I still remember the legend of Usur Ibn-al-jihar. His father sucked much ass but he manage to recover what his father loose and then some and brought to his knees two spanish queens. And the king that remained on the other limit of his lands were probably trembling when I stopped playing that time.

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Well war simulator is kind of confusing. Civilization could fill that but I guess is not what you are looking.
Total War Games may be what you want. You control a, lets call it "state" (province, country, clan, depends on the game) and you'll be fighting other states in a map a making all kind of decisions and also have the actual battle that is played on real time.
My favorite is Shogun 2 (because weeb) but Empire and or Napoleon total war are very good.
total War Three Kingdoms is based on china. Haven't played it.
The newest one are the Total War Warhammer series (3 of them). Have heard great things about them but haven't played them either.
But all of these are not on modern era (and the warhammer is straight up fantasy).

If you want to control the politics side and the strategy in combat situation I can't think on anything better.

Heart of Iron has, as mentioned by others, an steep learning curve. Its a whats called a grand strategy game so you won't be controlling units like in a rts.
Similar to HoI, If you don't mind the middle ages, Crusader Kings 3 can be epic, nerve wrecking and hilarious at times. In it you roleplay a person, leader of a family/clan and make the decisions that will make the "defend myself or attack other countries etc " you describe. Also, your counselors may not like you and throw you in jail, so there is that.

I still remember the legend of Usur Ibn-al-jihar. His father sucked much ass but he manage to recover what his father loose and then some and brought to his knees two spanish queens. And the king that remained on the other limit of his lands were probably trembling when I stopped playing that time.
thank you so much will check on those stuff :D

TRENDING THREADS