Logitech's Onboard Memory Manager problems

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this software to work as one would expect? Folks keep saying that this software allows you to program the buttons without the need for installing the G-HUB software, but there doesn't appear to be any details available. There is no online manual and when you contact support - they just say - they only support the G-HUB software.

For example, I just got the G604 and it has "15" programmable buttons (4 of which are related to the scroll wheel directions). Using the OMM software, the defaults for Buttons 14 and 15 (one of the 6 by the thumb) are Scroll up and Scroll down. If you re-program those 2 buttons, the mouse wheel no longer scrolls up or down. If you try to re-program the actual wheel buttons for up and down (buttons 6 and 8) , the only option is a keyboard + combo option. I tried programming the up and down arrows - since that's what works with the keyboard, but it does nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than install the G-HUB software) or know a place out there that has more information on this? FWIW, the only solution I was able to find was to install the software, configure the buttons, save the profiles to the 1 of 5 memory slots on the mouse, then uninstall the software. Of course, the OMM software still doesn't recognize those buttons as being programmed - but it works.... and the mouse isn't the greatest to have to go through all these hoops.

Alternatively, any recommendations for a replacement mouse similar to this? I have the G602 and looking for a modern replacement with similar programable buttons.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Any idea if it works with the older Logitech software?

LGS was the software they used before G Hub, G Hub replaced it but if you had LGS installed and put G Hub on, it didn't automatically stop LGS so you could have both running.

I had a G910 and G Hub didn't fully support it. Sux when you used a certain color scheme and suddenly new software doesn't support it. After a few version updates it did.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Any idea if it works with the older Logitech software?

LGS was the software they used before G Hub, G Hub replaced it but if you had LGS installed and put G Hub on, it didn't automatically stop LGS so you could have both running.

I had a G910 and G Hub didn't fully support it. Sux when you used a certain color scheme and suddenly new software doesn't support it. After a few version updates it did.

Sadly, it doesn't. The G604 only works with the newer GHUB software and OMM (if you call what it does as working) - as soon as I disconnected my G602, LGS said no devices detected.

Apr 23, 2022
Visit site
Been using the same mouse with Windows 11, and no issues what so ever, programmed all 15 buttons + Gshift other 14's too, still no issue, used onboard memory and all for 'less wake back time',

now recently been using M1 macs + windows 11 machine side to side (windows with usb and M1 mac with the bluetooth mode)
things were going smooth for first 3-5 weeks (after mac),
and now all of a sudden, turning on 'On board memory' will disable 'scroll up', or 'scroll down'

I've created new profile, cleared out old profiles, but still nothing works...
The only solution is to turn 'onboard memory' on-off and then still run Ghub in the background (un closed) to be able to use scroll up and down button..

I have separate profile for Mac and another one for Windows.
Is this why things are messing up?,

I have to open Ghub all the time with 'on board memory' off all the time to make the mouse scroll as intended...

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I have separate profile for Mac and another one for Windows.
Is this why things are messing up?,

I have to open Ghub all the time with 'on board memory' off all the time to make the mouse scroll as intended...

Yeah - until they fix the issues with OMM and wanting to use more than one profile on the mouse - I think your only option will be to keep GHUB running.

I just stuck with one configuration and it's been working - it's only when I run into games that don't let you re-program certain keys that I run into issues and hope that someone else has figured out how to re-bind those "fixed" keys (like Elex).

TRENDING THREADS