Question Keyboard and mouse stop randomnly

Jul 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi! This is my very first time posting for help in a forum (25 yo better late than never i guess (?), i wanna ask if anyone had the same problem as me, or has a solution.
To the topic: the problem i have is that when a i run more "heavy" games my mouse and/or keyboard stop working from intervals, and its getting worse. I have the same computer (only storage disk changed for SOO) since 6 years ago and this never happen, it started with the Cod Cold War and then traslated to other games. In the beggining i thought it was the gamepad or the mouse (the keyboard works fine then), so i chenged it for a Logitech MK345 wireless combo, but this continues. The weird part is that in both cases the keyboard seems to "resume" working when i held it up a bit, but then start working bad again.
I already read and tries other forums solutions, like check for drivers and formating, but never worked, i wanna ask for anyone expierences like this

In advance, i am very thankfull for anyone comment! :D

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
A curious case and I am not sure what could be the culprit. But you said it started happening with more demanding games, right?

Does it happen only in such games?
What if you play some moderaly light on your PC?

What do you mean by "formatting" exactly, there's few ways to reinstall/refresh OS and some are not good at actually "cleaning" issues.

Jul 5, 2021
Visit site
It does only happen with heavy games, i play TBOI a lot and never happen there (maybe a few times playing coop with remote play), that is why i think is a software problem, not a hardware problem.

Formating .... sorry a little spanglish got mixed in hahaha. I booted the SO from scratch, cleaning everything for a fresh start and delete anything that was happening with the keyboard, but as i said, nope no solution

Reactions: Muhyi
Logitech MK345
Those boast of 1-year+ battery lives. Chang the batteries, the shipped ones might be low on charge.

There's a dongle with these I assume. Try changing the USB port it's in, especially moving it to back of PC since those ports are stronger.

the keyboard seems to "resume" working when i held it up a bit
That suggests some 'line of sight' problem, which doesn't make sense—there's no infra red or optical involved here, right? Just USB?

Look in Device Manager for any yellow warning icons, especially in KB/Mouse/USB.
Check Reliability Monitor and/or Event Viewer for any warnings around the times of the problem happening.

See below re how to help us help you.

1. Share Your Specs & Settings
If you're running into problems then unless it's well known the first thing that folk will ask you for are your rigs specifications and what graphical settings you have the game on. This helps to find if there is a common issue between your hardware and the game you're running. It saves time, trust me!

does it happen during a clean boot?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts