July 2024 PC Gamer Article Discussion

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Do you mean the beach lady, Christina Revels-Glick? If so, she wasn't merely “sitting, fully dressed on a vibrator in public”. She was in swimwear and masturbating loudly enough for nearby families with young children to hear her orgasmic moaning and call the police. Indecent exposure in a public place is a crime in any jurisdiction. She was a drug user with severe mental health problems who had had many prior arrests and convictions. Her suicide came eight months after the arrest and over a year and a half before the bodycam video was released and went viral. Her family say her suicide was not connected to the arrest, which for her was just one among many, but to her underlying problems. She never even saw the internet's reaction to her arrest video.
Ah, well that's quite a different story from what I read on the other board, but I'll take your word for it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Do you mean the beach lady, Christina Revels-Glick? If so, she wasn't merely “sitting, fully dressed on a vibrator in public”. She was in swimwear and masturbating loudly enough for nearby families with young children to hear her orgasmic moaning and call the police. Indecent exposure in a public place is a crime in any jurisdiction. She was a drug user with severe mental health problems who had had many prior arrests and convictions. Her suicide came eight months after the arrest and over a year and a half before the bodycam video was released and went viral. Her family say her suicide was not connected to the arrest, which for her was just one among many, but to her underlying problems. She never even saw the internet's reaction to her arrest video.
After researching this and reading the police report, I do have to say I think you got information from someone who is making almost all of this up except for some of the timeline. From what I just read, there was one call to the police, there was no indication of how old the children were. The woman said that Glick sat on the vibrator and then, moments later, realized someone was watching and quit. The fact is that she did suffer abuse even though the video wasn't the cause (and I never said it was, I didn't even mention the video and haven't seen it), it was the public arrest report, and this abuse helped to cause her to spiral further down. By the way, I don't believe everything I read in the Daily Mail, do you?

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Yes, this is the kind of thing I was suggesting. But there are also games now where if you fail a setpiece a few times it pops up an option asking gently if you would like to skip this bit and pretend you managed it.
Kojima's version of "gently"
full

After researching this and reading the police report, I do have to say I think you got information from someone who is making almost all of this up except for some of the timeline. From what I just read, there was one call to the police, there was no indication of how old the children were. The woman said that Glick sat on the vibrator and then, moments later, realized someone was watching and quit. The fact is that she did suffer abuse even though the video wasn't the cause (and I never said it was, I didn't even mention the video and haven't seen it), it was the public arrest report, and this abuse helped to cause her to spiral further down. By the way, I don't believe everything I read in the Daily Mail, do you?

I read a number of sources about it, one of which was the Mail, yes, who gave by far the most detailed report.

I certainly don't believe everything I read in the Mail, no, but nor am I one of those midwits whose brain is so rotted by partisanship that they refuse to believe anything in it on some deranged conspiratorial principle. I'm sure you're not either.

Who knew being successful could be so hard

Frequent problem for small or smallish ops. Bad thing that can happen a startup is a surge of orders for their initial release, which overwhelms their logistics and crashes their reputation.

Can happen with digital-only too. Good example is one of the best devs ever, Nick Bradbury who developed HomeSite, TopStyle and FeedDemon. He eventually took a job because of the support load caused by his success.

Same with amateur sports stars I knew, huge draws on their time around town and farther afield.

Reactions: ZedClampet

This is the whole BioWare problem, isn't it: the current staff don't actually like the games that made the studio famous. One sees this in so many franchises—Star Trek is the one closest to my heart where this happened, but there are many other examples—where a new generation of writers were hired who didn't respect the source material. They want to use the franchise as a Trojan Horse to promote their preferred mechanical and narrative choices. That'd be fine if they had the confidence and honesty to start their own franchise and let it sink or swim on its merits. But instead, they hijack someone else's success and spend all their time sneering at what went before.

Am actually upset with this. The first season was nothing special i will give the Halo hate its due but the second season was much better with a lot more engagement with the covenant. Even covenant fighting covenant. Then they find a ring which almost guarantees more fighting and sweet halo special fx (the graphics in the series were pretty good imo) and just cancel it. Im pretty sure some other network will pick it up, but there is the chance it wont.

This is the whole BioWare problem, isn't it: the current staff don't actually like the games that made the studio famous. One sees this in so many franchises—Star Trek is the one closest to my heart where this happened, but there are many other examples—where a new generation of writers were hired who didn't respect the source material. They want to use the franchise as a Trojan Horse to promote their preferred mechanical and narrative choices. That'd be fine if they had the confidence and honesty to start their own franchise and let it sink or swim on its merits. But instead, they hijack someone else's success and spend all their time sneering at what went before.

Are you referring to Star Trek games or one of the newer tv series (im going to assuming Discovery for the moment and then Picard as a close 2nd) I've personally enjoyed all the new iterations of Star Trek ive watched (Strange New Worlds being the best) but i do wish those two spinoffs i mention were written differently or at least went in different directions than they did

Last edited:

Am actually upset with this. The first season was nothing special i will give the Halo hate its due but the second season was much better with a lot more engagement with the covenant. Even covenant fighting covenant. Then they find a ring which almost guarantees more fighting and sweet halo special fx (the graphics in the series were pretty good imo) and just cancel it. Im pretty sure some other network will pick it up, but there is the chance it wont.
I've long had the quirky belief that streaming platforms should write it into the contracts of every open-ended show they commission that (except in extreme cases) if the show is cancelled then there must be a feature-length finale filmed to tie up loose ends, and the platform should be obliged to stream it. Right now I know lots of people who are reluctant to start watching new Netflix shows because they've been burned so many times by a show being cancelled on a cliffhanger. This compulsory-finale policy would guarantee extra income for the producers and guarantee viewer satisfaction for the platforms. It seems like a win-win to me.

Are you referring to Star Trek games or one of the newer tv series (im going to assuming Discovery for the moment and then Picard as a close 2nd) I've personally enjoyed all the new iterations of Star Trek ive watched (Strange New Worlds being the best) but i do wish those two spinoffs i mention were written differently or at least went in different directions than they did
I mean the TV shows, yes. I thought Discovery was bad and Picard was horrendous. I've heard good things about Strange New Worlds but terrible things about Lower Decks.

I tried this game and it's amusing for a few minutes, but I don't see how you could lose an entire afternoon to it unless you are really desperate for something to procrastinate with.

However, I let my kid try it out and it's actually a great tool for teaching young kids about... well, I'm not sure what you'd call it. Abstract thinking? Or just thinking outside the box? Whatever it is, it's educational.

Only ever played the first game and thought it was pretty alright, but the combat was really what did it for me.

But this is pretty standard in the industry, seems and been happening for years. Look at Deus Ex and it's immediate sequel or Thief and...Thi4f? Just glomming on to big names that had huge impacts and doing nothing but making mass market drivel with them.

My wife is stranded in South Dakota. I told her get a hotel room instead of waiting at the airport. She said she might get a car, but it's 1500 miles. Two long days of driving.

Are things back up today? Did she make it back?

I read a thing on TechRadar, I think, that mentioned Southwest was the only company not down because their software backbones on Windows 3.1 and 95.

I tried this game and it's amusing for a few minutes, but I don't see how you could lose an entire afternoon to it unless you are really desperate for something to procrastinate with.

However, I let my kid try it out and it's actually a great tool for teaching young kids about... well, I'm not sure what you'd call it. Abstract thinking? Or just thinking outside the box? Whatever it is, it's educational.
Dipped out when it told me that 'Nuclear Weapons' do not defeat 'Community'. Was fun for a minute but havent gone back, might try with the kid in a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts