internet problems Ps5

Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
have a ps5 , have connection dropouts all the time. have a lan connection, have changed router port connection as per sonys instuctions. have checked all connections on Ps5 end and all seem good. i still have issues, have nbn 50, have tried nbn 100 still have dropouts. i have Exetel. what,s the best nbn provider in brisbane aust??

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
have a ps5 , have connection dropouts all the time. have a lan connection, have changed router port connection as per sonys instuctions. have checked all connections on Ps5 end and all seem good. i still have issues, have nbn 50, have tried nbn 100 still have dropouts. i have Exetel. what,s the best nbn provider in brisbane aust??

HI,

nbn 100 should be a suitable choice for your PS5, provided that there are no more than 5 connections with your wifi network.
for example:
1. 'YOU' use wifi on your phone
2. PS5
3.Your mom's phone
4.Dad's phone
5.Dad's tablet

If you add anymore connections on the network than this at a time, it more likely that you will face dropouts.
If you have more than 5 connections already. Try switching off your phone's wifi till you finish playing your PS5.
This is help you balance the number of active connections.

I can understand how frustrating it can be to get dropped off the game without it being saved and all efforts are lost to reach a level.

Your options:
Some technical difficulties in the nbn can happen due to old connections and also due to old modems.
You can ask your nbn provider 'Exetel' for an upgraded nbn modem which they should be able to provide at no cost if you agree to keep using it for 24 months with the same company.

You can request your nbn provider for a visit. they might charge you some fees which might come around AUD 150-250.
They'll check all the cables and connections in your house and fix the errors if they find any.
The charges may vary depending on the type of connection you have at your home such as Fibre to the curb, Fibre to the node, Fibre premises, Fibre to the building or Hybrid-Fibre Coaxial.

If you are still not satisfied after following the above two steps. you might want to check other providers with a best connection in your area. In Brisbane, Telstra and Vodafone are the best choice of options.
When you change provider, make sure you have completed at least 24 months with your current provider in case you have taken their modem recently or else you will have to pay for it for the remainig time period.
modem cost can be around AUD 180/24months which comes around $7.50 per month which is discounted every month as long as you stay with network. But, lets say you brought the connection with modem and used it for 20 months and then change provider, then you'll have to for the 4 remaining months (4x$7.5=$30).

-hope this helps.

Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
HI,

nbn 100 should be a suitable choice for your PS5, provided that there are no more than 5 connections with your wifi network.
for example:
1. 'YOU' use wifi on your phone
2. PS5
3.Your mom's phone
4.Dad's phone
5.Dad's tablet

If you add anymore connections on the network than this at a time, it more likely that you will face dropouts.
If you have more than 5 connections already. Try switching off your phone's wifi till you finish playing your PS5.
This is help you balance the number of active connections.

I can understand how frustrating it can be to get dropped off the game without it being saved and all efforts are lost to reach a level.

Your options:
Some technical difficulties in the nbn can happen due to old connections and also due to old modems.
You can ask your nbn provider 'Exetel' for an upgraded nbn modem which they should be able to provide at no cost if you agree to keep using it for 24 months with the same company.

You can request your nbn provider for a visit. they might charge you some fees which might come around AUD 150-250.
They'll check all the cables and connections in your house and fix the errors if they find any.
The charges may vary depending on the type of connection you have at your home such as Fibre to the curb, Fibre to the node, Fibre premises, Fibre to the building or Hybrid-Fibre Coaxial.

If you are still not satisfied after following the above two steps. you might want to check other providers with a best connection in your area. In Brisbane, Telstra and Vodafone are the best choice of options.
When you change provider, make sure you have completed at least 24 months with your current provider in case you have taken their modem recently or else you will have to pay for it for the remainig time period.
modem cost can be around AUD 180/24months which comes around $7.50 per month which is discounted every month as long as you stay with network. But, lets say you brought the connection with modem and used it for 20 months and then change provider, then you'll have to for the 4 remaining months (4x$7.5=$30).

-hope this helps.
thanks for reply, it is a old modern, i will try unplugging other devices as well. i treid it this morning at 4 am and still had major dropouts. thanks again

Dec 1, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

What a comprehensive first post!

Do you live in Brisbane and have used the various providers there? Or do you have an outside reliable source for your recommendation?

Thanks,

I have recently quit my high paying job to start making money online and have my own time freedom.

I used to work for NBN Australia and when I saw the previous post, i could hold myself back from helping a friend.

Also, I like playing games. If I'm not playing, then I'd like to be associated with other people who play to talk about it.
I don't have a lot of like minded people in my surrounding so internet is the best place I think.

I love to talk. whether it is on chat, email, phone call doesn't matter. 9 years of customer service and sales has definitely become the reason for that.

Please feel free to give me your inputs, if any, about this space.

I'm new here.
Just enjoying!

Glad I don't have to use NBN, I had a choice where I live and a local ISP already had faster internet so I could skip the entire thing. Telstra said they were going to disconnect our phones, thats funny as we didn't use them at time.

Shame the minimum bandwidth set for NBN was 25 as that is what a lot of people got. I would hate to use WIFI as my only connection option.. that is all a friend has. No choice of fibre.

You won't get many people here asking about NBN, this is about first thread :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Reading that post prior to yours, kind sir(Colif), felt to me like I was on the phone hearing a tele-marketing script. :/

You won't get many people here asking about NBN, this is about first thread :)
PlayStation thread should fall under that bracket. If we have enough demand for it, we might have a PlayStationGamer forums.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

You could look on here - https://www.comparebroadband.com.au/get-best-nbn-providers-brisbane.htm
Tangerine seems to have the best speed but none of them are amazing - best is 48mbps at night
looking here its not any better at night though - on NBN anyway - link

f5ywRMX.jpg

glad I didn't have to change :D

TRENDING THREADS